Actor Alec Baldwin discharged a “prop firearm” Thursday on a movie set south of Santa Fe, killing the director of photography for the film he was working on and wounding its director, the Santa Fe County Sheriff’s Office said.
Director Joel Souza was injured and hospitalized Thursday in a shooting on the set of the movie Rust, which was being filmed south of Santa Fe.
Baldwin, 63, could be seen outside the the sheriff’s office headquarters distraught and in tears while on the phone. No charges have been filed, according to a news release sent by the sheriff’s office late Thursday evening.
The director of photography for the feature film Rust, Halyna Hutchins, 42, died at University of New Mexico Hospital in Albuquerque, and director Joel Souza, 48, was taken to Christus St. Vincent Regional Medical Center, where he was receiving emergency care, the sheriff’s office said.
Baldwin is one of the film’s stars as well as a producer. He went to the sheriff’s office willingly and provided a statement to investigators, sheriff’s office spokesman Juan Ríos said.
“We’re treating this as we would any other investigation,” Ríos said, adding deputies were still trying to determine whether what happened was an accident.
- Insane Vid — Man Stream Admission he Killed His Ex-Girlfriend as he prepares to Kill Ex-Wife
- Did Twitter Just Ban Undercover Journalism?
- Inside the January 6th Setup– Who is Ray Epps?
- Campus Crusade for Christ Goes All In On Critical Race Theory
- Not See? Olaf Scholz Becomes German Chancellor, Promises Harsher COVID Response
- Human beings aren’t clownfish
- Dem Congressman Threatens to Seize Trucks if they Clog DC beltway: ‘Perfect time to impound and give the trucks to small trucking companies’
- Unexpectedly!! Consumer Prices Explode 7.5% Higher, Worst Inflation in 40 Years
- Shock Report: Now Illegal for Priest to Hear Confession outside of Church in Ireland
- Official — The mRNA Covid shots are killing teenagers