Actor Alec Baldwin discharged a “prop firearm” Thursday on a movie set south of Santa Fe, killing the director of photography for the film he was working on and wounding its director, the Santa Fe County Sheriff’s Office said.
Director Joel Souza was injured and hospitalized Thursday in a shooting on the set of the movie Rust, which was being filmed south of Santa Fe.
Baldwin, 63, could be seen outside the the sheriff’s office headquarters distraught and in tears while on the phone. No charges have been filed, according to a news release sent by the sheriff’s office late Thursday evening.
The director of photography for the feature film Rust, Halyna Hutchins, 42, died at University of New Mexico Hospital in Albuquerque, and director Joel Souza, 48, was taken to Christus St. Vincent Regional Medical Center, where he was receiving emergency care, the sheriff’s office said.
Baldwin is one of the film’s stars as well as a producer. He went to the sheriff’s office willingly and provided a statement to investigators, sheriff’s office spokesman Juan Ríos said.
“We’re treating this as we would any other investigation,” Ríos said, adding deputies were still trying to determine whether what happened was an accident.
- Video: Brett Favre BLASTS Woke Sports
- Insane Vid — Man Stream Admission he Killed His Ex-Girlfriend as he prepares to Kill Ex-Wife
- After Mexico City introduced ivermectin plan, COVID hospitalizations and deaths disappeared
- Uh-Oh. Vials labeled ‘smallpox’ found in Merck lab near Philadelphia. FBI Investigating.
- The Cruel and Incoherent Further Restrictions on the Traditional Latin Mass
- Human beings aren’t clownfish
- Pope Plans To Dismantle Summorum Pontificum, Latin Mass Permission
- New Peer-Reviewed Study Shows Ivermectin ‘Significantly’ Reduces COVID Infections, Hospitalization, and Mortality
- Sen. Rand Paul Calls Out Fauci
- Some French Don’t Surrender! French Mayors Rebel, Will Not Enforce Vaccine Passport at Cafes