A handful of congressional Democrats are investigating whether former President Donald Trump can be prevented from holding elected office again through the application of an obscure portion of the 14th Amendment.
Section 3 of the amendment, enacted in 1868 and best known for enshrining the Equal Protection Clause, prevents any government official who “engaged in insurrection or rebellion” against the US from holding office again.
Democratic lawmakers are seeking to use Section 3 of the 14th amendment to prevent former President Donald Trump from holding office ever again.
Democratic lawmakers are seeking to use Section 3 of the 14th Amendment to prevent former President Donald Trump from holding office again.
According to The Hill, approximately a dozen Democratic lawmakers have publicly or privately spoken about applying Section 3 of the 14th Amendment to Trump, whom they accuse of inciting the Jan. 6 riot that disrupted the congressional certification of the 2020 election results.
“If anything the idea has waxed and waned,” liberal Harvard Law School professor emeritus Laurence Tribe told the outlet.
Lawmakers are seeking to enact the clause one year after the infamous Capitol riot which took place after Donald Trump held a rally.
Lawmakers are seeking to use the clause one year after the Capitol riot, which occurred after former President Donald Trump held a rally.
Democratic lawmakers have approached Harvard Constitutional lawyer Laurence Tribe about how best to apply the amendment to Donald Trump.
Congressional Democrats have approached Harvard constitutional lawyer Laurence Tribe about how best to apply the amendment to the former president.
“I hear it being raised with considerable frequency these days both by media commentators and by members of Congress and their staffs, some of whom have sought my advice on how to implement Section 3.”https://nypost.com/2022/01/06/democrats-hope-14th-amendment-can-bar-donald-trump-from-holding-office/
- Insane Vid — Man Stream Admission he Killed His Ex-Girlfriend as he prepares to Kill Ex-Wife
- Hey, Whatever Happened to Richard Gere? Oh, He Criticized China.
- Jordan Peterson resigns as tenured University of Toronto professor, torpedoes academia as ‘stunningly corrupt enterprise’
- Video Shows U.S. Capitol Police Gave Protesters OK to Enter
- Aussie Police confirm use of controversial LRAD Weapon against Canberra protestors
- Campus Crusade for Christ Goes All In On Critical Race Theory
- Liars Game — CDC withheld massive amounts of COVID data to ‘prevent vaccine hesitancy’