Critics on both sides of the political aisle continue to weigh in on privacy risks and potential invasions if Biden moves forward with a vaccine passport.
While the Biden administration is reportedly coordinating with corporations to develop a so-called “vaccine passport” for Americans to prove they have received the COVID-19 vaccine, there are clear privacy risks external to the dubious constitutionality of such a project.
Republican Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis addressed the idea of vaccine passports in a Monday press conference, noting that the plan would have “huge privacy implications.” DeSantis also said he would take executive action through emergency function, in addition to urging the GOP Florida Legislature to propose a bill banning vaccine passports.
Albert Fox Cahn, an attorney and founder of the Urban Justice Center’s Surveillance Technology Oversight Project, wrote in Wired in early March that government-funded vaccine passports “could turn into a dystopian nightmare for millions.”
“A very appealing vision for some could turn into a dystopian nightmare for millions,” said Cahn. “For vaccine passports, this all means reason for caution. Yes, maybe it is time to update those yellow pieces of cardboard with something more secure, but that is a far cry from creating another permanent layer of surveillance infrastructure.”
- New York junior high segregating students by race in order to ‘undo legacy of racism.’ Do they not know what “racism” means?
- JAMA: Myocarditis Cases Reported After mRNA-Based COVID-19 Vaccination in the US
- Rumors Persist Among Vatican Insiders That Pope Is Seriously Ill
- Campus Crusade for Christ Goes All In On Critical Race Theory
- CDC Study — No Significant Difference in COVID-19 Transmission Between Vaccinated and Unvaccinated
- Is the Pope Dying? 2022 Conclave?
- Must Read Commentary by Dr. Angelique Coetzee — Dr. Who Found Announced Omicron
- Finnish Pastor On Trial For ‘Hate Speech’ After Tweeting Bible Verse
- UK becomes first country to approve Merck’s “game changer” COVID-19 pill.
- The Chinese Communist Party is Still Buying Up American Land.