Governor Greg Abbott on Wednesday, August 25, issued an executive order maintaining the current policy prohibiting the mandating of any COVID-19 vaccinations by any government entity in the State of Texas.
AUSTIN, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) – Days after testing negative for COVID-19, after coming down with the virus late last week, Governor Greg Abbott on Wednesday, August 25, issued an executive order maintaining the current policy prohibiting the mandating of any COVID-19 vaccinations by any government entity in the State of Texas.
Gov. Abbott is vaccinated against COVID-19 and has said Texans should consider getting the vaccine.
In his executive order he reiterated, “COVID-19 vaccines are strongly encouraged for those eligible to receive one, but have always been voluntary for Texans.”
Under his latest order, he seeks to ensure that “no governmental entity can compel any individual to receive a COVID-19 vaccine.”
Additionally, Governor Abbott added to the Special Session agenda the issue of whether any state or local governmental entities in Texas can mandate that an individual receive a COVID-19 vaccine and, if so, what exemptions should apply to such mandate.
“Vaccine requirements and exemptions have historically been determined by the legislature, and their involvement is particularly important to avoid a patchwork of vaccine mandates across Texas,” said Governor Abbott.
- WTH? Merriam Webster Trolls Kyle Rittenhouse.
- Campus Crusade for Christ Goes All In On Critical Race Theory
- Is the Pope Dying? 2022 Conclave?
- New Peer-Reviewed Study Shows Ivermectin ‘Significantly’ Reduces COVID Infections, Hospitalization, and Mortality
- Justin Trudeau Says That Unvaccinated People Are Usually ‘Racist’ And ‘Misogynist’.
- Suspect In Murder Of Temple Student Walked After D.A. Dropped Armed Carjacking Charges Against Him
- Media Trying to Destroy Rosanne Boyland Before Truth about Her Jan 6 Death is exposed.
- Tokyo Medical Association Chairman Haruo Ozaki on Ivermectin
- Hunter Biden’s out-of-wedlock daughter left out of White House Christmas display
- Stupid Salvation Army Goes Woke and Now Broke — Donors Withdraw Support in Response to Racial ‘Wokeness’ Initiative