LOS ANGELES (AP) — Republican Caitlyn Jenner says she will run for governor of California.
Jenner says in statement posted Friday on Twitter that she has filed initial paperwork to run for the post.
Democratic Gov. Gavin Newsom is facing a likely recall election this year.
Election officials are still reviewing petition signatures required to qualify the recall for the ballot. Several other Republicans have also announced plans to run.
The 71-year-old celebrity activist described herself as “economically conservative, socially progressive” in a People magazine interview last year.
She immediately stands out in an emerging field that so far has failed to attract a nationally known contender.AP
- Cardinal Cupich of Chicago Drops the Hammer on The Traditional Rites
- Naomi Wolf: Vaccine Passports are “End of Human Liberty.”
- Insane Vid — Man Stream Admission he Killed His Ex-Girlfriend as he prepares to Kill Ex-Wife
- Some French Don’t Surrender! French Mayors Rebel, Will Not Enforce Vaccine Passport at Cafes
- After Mexico City introduced ivermectin plan, COVID hospitalizations and deaths disappeared
- FISA Court Confirms Govt Lied In Every Spy Warrant Application Against Carter Page
- Human beings aren’t clownfish
- Vatican Warns Bishops Against Taking a Stand for Life
- Sen. Rand Paul Calls Out Fauci
- We Are All Domestic Terrorists Now. Democrats consider all detractors an enemy of the country.