LOS ANGELES (AP) — Republican Caitlyn Jenner says she will run for governor of California.
Jenner says in statement posted Friday on Twitter that she has filed initial paperwork to run for the post.
Democratic Gov. Gavin Newsom is facing a likely recall election this year.
Election officials are still reviewing petition signatures required to qualify the recall for the ballot. Several other Republicans have also announced plans to run.
The 71-year-old celebrity activist described herself as “economically conservative, socially progressive” in a People magazine interview last year.
She immediately stands out in an emerging field that so far has failed to attract a nationally known contender.AP
- Insane Vid — Man Stream Admission he Killed His Ex-Girlfriend as he prepares to Kill Ex-Wife
- Hey, Whatever Happened to Richard Gere? Oh, He Criticized China.
- Jordan Peterson resigns as tenured University of Toronto professor, torpedoes academia as ‘stunningly corrupt enterprise’
- Campus Crusade for Christ Goes All In On Critical Race Theory
- Liars Game — CDC withheld massive amounts of COVID data to ‘prevent vaccine hesitancy’
- Video Shows U.S. Capitol Police Gave Protesters OK to Enter
- Aussie Police confirm use of controversial LRAD Weapon against Canberra protestors
- What the ever living? Report–Governor Kristi Noem is having an extramarital affair with adviser Corey Lewandowski