The notoriously pro-LGBT prelate suggested that Catholics may need to ‘leave behind’ the Latin Mass in light of Traditionis custodes.
CHICAGO (LifeSiteNews) – Cardinal Blase Cupich of the Archdiocese of Chicago strongly hinted at an upcoming crackdown on the Latin Mass in his diocese, suggesting in a recent article that Catholics may have to “leave behind” the traditional liturgy in light of Pope Francis’ motu proprio Traditionis custodes.
Cupich discussed his plans to implement the motu proprio in an article last week for Pray Tell, the pro-LGBT blog of Collegeville Liturgical Press, which he said came in response to questions about the document from Chicago priests.
The liberal prelate and top ally of the Pope signaled that Catholics devoted to the old Mass would require pastoral “accompaniment” to embrace what he described as “the essential principles of renewal” of Vatican II.
Pope Francis’s intention with Traditionis custodes (TC), Cupich wrote, is “to re-establish throughout the Church of the Roman Rite a single and identical prayer that expresses its unity, according to the liturgical books promulgated by the saintly Popes Paul VI and John Paul II, in conformity with the decrees of the Second Vatican Council.”
“In other words, there are not two forms of the Roman Rite, because the word ‘reform’ means something, namely that we leave behind a former way of celebrating the sacraments and adopt a new form,” he said.Read More
- Insane Vid — Man Stream Admission he Killed His Ex-Girlfriend as he prepares to Kill Ex-Wife
- FISA Court Confirms Govt Lied In Every Spy Warrant Application Against Carter Page
- This Pic Hilariously Sums up the Media’s Coverage of Covid
- Naomi Wolf: Vaccine Passports are “End of Human Liberty.”
- Cardinal Cupich of Chicago Drops the Hammer on The Traditional Rites
- Vid: High school student arrested for defying mask mandate
- Inside the January 6th Setup– Who is Ray Epps?
- Nightmare Fish Washes Up on California Shore. I’m Not Saying It’s the Apocalypse but…
- After Mexico City introduced ivermectin plan, COVID hospitalizations and deaths disappeared
- Vatican Warns Bishops Against Taking a Stand for Life