Cardinal injured, priest dead after earthquake in Haiti
Speaking to our news agency in Spanish ACI Prensa, Akim Rikonda, Director for Catholic Relief Services (CRS) in Haiti said that Cardinal Langlois “is hurt, but his life is not in danger.” Langlois, 62, was created the first Haitian cardinal by Pope Francis on February 22nd 2014.
“CRS has spoken with the priestly residence in Les Cayes and we have reports that the house has been severely damaged. Unfortunately, we were informed of three fatalities, one priest and two employees,” Rikonda said.
Rikonda also reported to ACI Prensa that “all of CRS personnel are safe and sound, but unfortunately one of our employees’ wife died and his baby is gravely injured.”
The earthquake happened at 8:30 a.m. (local time,) affecting all the country, but especially the region of Les Cayes, in the Southwestern region of Haiti.https://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/248690/cardinal-injured-priest-dead-after-earthquake-in-haiti
- Is the Pope Dying? 2022 Conclave?
- CDC Study — No Significant Difference in COVID-19 Transmission Between Vaccinated and Unvaccinated
- Noooo — Notre-Dame interior faces woke ‘Disney’ revamp
- New Peer-Reviewed Study Shows Ivermectin ‘Significantly’ Reduces COVID Infections, Hospitalization, and Mortality
- Hey, Whatever Happened to Richard Gere? Oh, He Criticized China.
- China Threatens Olympics Athletes Not to Post About Political or Religious Issues…Or Else.
- Hmmm. Four British Airway Pilots Suddenly Die in One Week. But It Has Nothing to do with Vaxx!!!!!!
- 1st Grade Class Read Transgender Book. School Board President, Who Owns Sex Toy Biz, Does Nothing.
- Stupid Salvation Army Goes Woke and Now Broke — Donors Withdraw Support in Response to Racial ‘Wokeness’ Initiative