In a highly unusual move, the head of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention overruled an advisory panel that rejected recommending booster shots of Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine for frontline or exposed workers, including healthcare workers and teachers.
CDC Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky approved a series of recommendations by the panel Thursday, including doling out the shots to older Americans aged 65 and over, as well as those aged 50 and older with underlying conditions.
But the panel voted against younger Americans who are frontline workers or have an occupation that may put them at increased risk of exposure getting a booster shot.
Walensky broke from the panel’s recommendation, noting that her decision aligned with the Food and Drug Administration’s authorization earlier this week.
That means people who live or work in institutional settings with increased risk of exposure to the deadly virus – like health care workers, teachers and day care staffers – can get booster shots.
The panel voted 9 to 6 to reject that proposal, but Walensky issued a statement several hours after it adjourned saying she had restored the recommendation.
“As CDC director, it is my job to recognize where our actions can have the greatest impact,” Walensky said. “At CDC, we are tasked with analyzing complex, often imperfect data to make concrete recommendations that optimize health. In a pandemic, even with uncertainty, we must take actions that we anticipate will do the greatest good.”https://nypost.com/2021/09/24/cdc-chief-says-at-risk-workers-need-booster-shots/?utm_source=NYPTwitter&utm_medium=SocialFlow&utm_campaign=SocialFlow
- Insane Vid — Man Stream Admission he Killed His Ex-Girlfriend as he prepares to Kill Ex-Wife
- Bannon: Audits Will Happen in Georgia
- Is the Pope Dying? 2022 Conclave?
- Some French Don’t Surrender! French Mayors Rebel, Will Not Enforce Vaccine Passport at Cafes
- New Peer-Reviewed Study Shows Ivermectin ‘Significantly’ Reduces COVID Infections, Hospitalization, and Mortality
- Stolen Motorcycle Crashes at 130mph On Live TV
- Dem Congressman Threatens to Seize Trucks if they Clog DC beltway: ‘Perfect time to impound and give the trucks to small trucking companies’
- Tyranny — New infrastructure bill grants U.S. gov’t ability to disable vehicles remotely
- Weight-Adjusted Hydroxychloroquine and Azithromycin Boosted Survival of Ventilated COVID-19 Patients by 200 Percent: Study
- Re: Traditionis Custodes targeted USA, Francis says, “Yes, I did it thinking about the USA.”