With an impending COVID-19 vaccination deadline for employees, unvaccinated Chicago Public Schools teachers and staffers will be able to opt for weekly testing and continue working after this week.
CPS CEO Pedro Martinez on Wednesday said those who are not fully vaccinated by Friday’s deadline must consent to weekly testing, but will not be immediately barred from working, as had previously been threatened.
“Employees will not be barred from coming to work,” he said. “We’re going to just work with them to see where they’re at in the vaccination process, what hesitation they might have, what information we can give them … I feel fairly confident that we’re going to be ok.”
The shift comes after union leaders, Chicago teachers and staffers penned a letter asking Mayor Lori Lightfoot not to bar unvaccinated employees from their work after this week.https://news.wttw.com/2021/10/13/unvaccinated-chicago-teachers-can-keep-working-if-they-agree-weekly-covid-19-testing
- Sweden’s Lund University researcher faces prosecution for study that showed most rapes are committed by immigrants
- Insane Vid — Man Stream Admission he Killed His Ex-Girlfriend as he prepares to Kill Ex-Wife
- Supposedly “Secure” ProtonMail gives up IP addresses of climate activist to Swiss authorities
- Police: Criminals Are Using New Apple Device To Stalk Victims, Follow Them Home
- China Threatens Olympics Athletes Not to Post About Political or Religious Issues…Or Else.
- VIDEO: Teacher Loses Mind, Threatens To Call Police On Unmasked Student, Calls Him A ‘Piece Of Sh*t’
- School Board Member Publicized Parents’ Social Security Numbers and Financial Records To Track Outspoken Parents