How you spell schadenfreude? CNN.
At the beginning of 2021, CNN was on top of the cable news world.
The network, which revolutionized round-the-clock news coverage when it launched more than four decades ago, had finally retaken the ratings crown from Fox News and pushed its conservative rival to third place for the first time since 2000.
Less than a year later, CNN’s viewership has shrunk—the channel is buried in third place, behind Fox and MSNBC after a series of controversies and scandals that ostensibly struck a blow to the news network’s credibility.
In fact, just this past week, the network averaged a paltry 585,000 total viewers in primetime, placing CNN all the way back in 17th place among all basic cable. Worse yet, the channel’s 120,000 viewers in the key primetime demographic were only good enough for 31st place among cable stations.
In other words, the future isn’t all that bright for CNN heading into 2022—and it’s not clear if there’s anything it can do to pull itself from the morass.
- Hey, Whatever Happened to Richard Gere? Oh, He Criticized China.
- Insane Vid — Man Stream Admission he Killed His Ex-Girlfriend as he prepares to Kill Ex-Wife
- New Peer-Reviewed Study Shows Ivermectin ‘Significantly’ Reduces COVID Infections, Hospitalization, and Mortality
- Re: Traditionis Custodes targeted USA, Francis says, “Yes, I did it thinking about the USA.”
- Is Gavin Newsom hiding because he got Bell’s Palsy from Booster Shot?
- Antibody neutralizing all Covid variants found, Chinese scientists claim
- How The Equality Act Would Legalize Religious Bigotry
- Is the Pope Dying? 2022 Conclave?
- Dr. Zelenko Protocols for America – Live Like you Were Dying
- Oh Nooooo. Rock legend Meatloaf dead at 74