Democratic lawmakers are set to unveil legislation Thursday to expand the number of justices on the Supreme Court.
Sen. Ed Markey, D-Mass., and Reps. Jerry Nadler, D-N.Y., Hank Johnson, D-Ga., and Mondaire Jones, D-N.Y., will hold a press conference on Thursday to introduce the proposal on the steps of the Supreme Court.
Given their control of the White House and the Senate, the legislation could allow them to supersede the current conservative majority by “packing” the Court with liberal justices.
Spokespeople for the lawmakers’ offices did not return Fox News’ requests Wednesday night for further details.
The Intercept reported on Wednesday that the legislation will propose expanding the court to 13 justices, from nine.
The Supreme Court has had nine justices since the 19th century, though it is not required by the Constitution.Fox News
- Cardinal Cupich of Chicago Drops the Hammer on The Traditional Rites
- Naomi Wolf: Vaccine Passports are “End of Human Liberty.”
- FISA Court Confirms Govt Lied In Every Spy Warrant Application Against Carter Page
- Insane Vid — Man Stream Admission he Killed His Ex-Girlfriend as he prepares to Kill Ex-Wife
- Some French Don’t Surrender! French Mayors Rebel, Will Not Enforce Vaccine Passport at Cafes
- After Mexico City introduced ivermectin plan, COVID hospitalizations and deaths disappeared
- French National Assembly Passes Anti-Extremism Bill Proposing Stricter Rules for Religion
- 19-year-old Simone Scott was excited for her second dose of #Covid vaccine. Now, Her Mother is Arranging Her Funeral.
- Diversity – Unless You’re Asian
- Vid: High school student arrested for defying mask mandate