Our entire voting system depends on one man -Joe Manchin.
So they’re shelving the bolshevikization of the economy, but will instead “aggressively” focus on the bolshevikization of elections instead.
I hope — pray, really — that Republicans have forty-one votes to filibuster that nightmare. But who knows what the “reasonable” Republicans might decide to in the service of Collegiality.
And I have to tell you: I think the “rules change” discussed here is a suspension of the filibuster rule for a vote on a federal takeover of state election laws.
BIG NEWS: Schumer is likely to push a vote on the Build Back Better plan until next year, according to four sources familiar with the leaders’ plans. w/
He doesn’t have the votes as Manchin remains noncommittal
Schumer is still holding out hope for action on voting rights this year, multiple sources tell us. They are hoping for agreement on a rules change between four moderates who have been meeting — Tester, Kaine, King and Manchin
A spokesman to Schumer, however, says they are “still trying to do both.”
All four of those people are Democrats — well, except for King, a Maine “Independent” who caucuses with Democrats.
So they’re not huddling with Republicans working on a compromise.
No, they’re scheming about a “rule change,” with only Democrats involved.
What could that be other than a nuclear option vote on the filibuster?
- New Peer-Reviewed Study Shows Ivermectin ‘Significantly’ Reduces COVID Infections, Hospitalization, and Mortality
- MIT Scientist Warns About Covid Vaccine on the Brain
- Wait. What? Pfizer CEO now says 2 COVID shots “offers very limited protection, if any,” against COVID-19.
- BREAKING: Biden Administration Making Lists of Religious Vaccine Objectors
- Inside the January 6th Setup– Who is Ray Epps?
- SCOTUS Ruling on OSHA mandate expected today
- Teacher alleges she was fired for not ‘meowing’ back at student who identifies as a cat
- Professor Absolutely Loses it on Zoom. (NSFW) “You are all just vectors of disease to me!”
- Insane — Canada court rules father cannot criticize COVID vaccines around 10-year-old son
- Tyranny — New infrastructure bill grants U.S. gov’t ability to disable vehicles remotely