Wednesday on FNC’s “The Ingraham Angle,” Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-FL) pledged a pardon for a Broward County, FL couple arrested three times for not mandating masks at their gym.
DeSantis argued the enforcement of masking rules was not in line with W.H.O. protocol and added he was “happy” to use his constitutional authority in situations where local officials overreach.
“It’s a total overreach, Laura,” he said. “This is exactly what we ordered against last summer, many, many months ago. And so I was actually just recently briefed on this case, and we looked at it. And so I’m glad you have Mike and Jillian on, and I’m also glad to be on to be able to say that effective tomorrow morning, I’m going to sign a reprieve under my constitutional authority. So that will delay the case for 60 days against both of them. And then when our clemency board meets in the coming weeks, we’ll issue pardons not only for Mike and Jillian but for any Floridian that may have outstanding infractions for things like masks and social distancing.”
- New Peer-Reviewed Study Shows Ivermectin ‘Significantly’ Reduces COVID Infections, Hospitalization, and Mortality
- Campus Crusade for Christ Goes All In On Critical Race Theory
- Pelosi Spins Inflation as Good News
- Rumors Persist Among Vatican Insiders That Pope Is Seriously Ill
- Finnish Pastor On Trial For ‘Hate Speech’ After Tweeting Bible Verse
- New York junior high segregating students by race in order to ‘undo legacy of racism.’ Do they not know what “racism” means?
- GOP Senators Intend to ‘Defund’ Biden’s Federal Vaccine Mandate
- Uh-Oh. Vials labeled ‘smallpox’ found in Merck lab near Philadelphia. FBI Investigating.
- DC Will Remain Under Military Occupation As Long As Pelosi Rules
- Human beings aren’t clownfish