We all know this will not be equally applied. (Project Veritas anyone?)
Just one day after Jack Dorsey was replaced as the CEO of Twitter by the company’s former CTO, Parag Agrawal, the platform has banned the sharing of any images or videos of people without their explicit consent. The far-left company stated: “The misuse of private media can affect everyone, but can have a disproportionate effect on women, activists, dissidents, and members of minority communities.”
Twitter has banned the sharing of photos and videos of people without their consent, stating that: “The misuse of private media can affect everyone, but can have a disproportionate effect on women, activists, dissidents, and members of minority communities.”
The company added that it would try to “assess the context in which the content is shared and, in such cases, we may allow the images or videos to remain on the service.”
Twitter previously banned the sharing of certain types of private information without permission, such as a person’s home address, identity documents such as government-issued IDs and social security numbers, financial account information, etc.
But now it has added to this banned list, “NEW: media of private individuals without the permission of the person(s) depicted.”
Twitter ended its statement saying:
Feeling safe on Twitter is different for everyone, and our teams are constantly working to understand and address these needs. We know our work will never be done, and we will continue to invest in making our product and policies more robust and transparent to continue to earn the trust of the people using our service.https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2021/11/30/twitter-bans-sharing-photos-videos-without-consent-on-ceo-parag-agrawals-first-day/
- New Peer-Reviewed Study Shows Ivermectin ‘Significantly’ Reduces COVID Infections, Hospitalization, and Mortality
- MIT Scientist Warns About Covid Vaccine on the Brain
- Wait. What? Pfizer CEO now says 2 COVID shots “offers very limited protection, if any,” against COVID-19.
- BREAKING: Biden Administration Making Lists of Religious Vaccine Objectors
- Inside the January 6th Setup– Who is Ray Epps?
- SCOTUS Ruling on OSHA mandate expected today
- Teacher alleges she was fired for not ‘meowing’ back at student who identifies as a cat
- Professor Absolutely Loses it on Zoom. (NSFW) “You are all just vectors of disease to me!”
- Insane — Canada court rules father cannot criticize COVID vaccines around 10-year-old son
- Tyranny — New infrastructure bill grants U.S. gov’t ability to disable vehicles remotely