President Joe Biden on Friday signed an executive order Friday creating a bipartisan commission to study reforming the Supreme Court, including expanding the court and instituting term limits for its justices, the White House said in a statement.
The commission will be comprised of a bipartisan group of scholars with expertise in constitutional law, history and political science, as well as former federal judges and court reform advocates. The 36-member commission will hold public meetings to hear from outside voices and will be directed to complete a report within 180 days of its first public meeting.
“The topics it will examine include the genesis of the reform debate; the Court’s role in the Constitutional system; the length of service and turnover of justices on the Court; the membership and size of the Court; and the Court’s case selection, rules, and practices,” the statement said.source
- REPORT: CIA Admits That Agents Are Going Missing At Alarming Rate
- Is the Pope Resigning?!? From Il Sismografo: rumours of “probable resignation in the next few hours”. (Probably Not)
- Pope Plans To Dismantle Summorum Pontificum, Latin Mass Permission
- Campus Crusade for Christ Goes All In On Critical Race Theory
- Media Trying to Destroy Rosanne Boyland Before Truth about Her Jan 6 Death is exposed.
- CDC Quietly Abandons PCR Test for Covid. Why?
- Dem Congressman Threatens to Seize Trucks if they Clog DC beltway: ‘Perfect time to impound and give the trucks to small trucking companies’
- Awesome Story — North Korea Hacked Him. So Peeved Security Analyst Took Down Its Internet
- Supposedly “Secure” ProtonMail gives up IP addresses of climate activist to Swiss authorities
- Doomsday Approaches: Biden Announces Commission to Study Overhauling Supreme Court