The European Commission has announced that it had extended its Coronavirus “disinformation” monitoring program for another six months, to June 2022.
The commission also published the latest reports on the action taken by online platforms between September and October.
Values and Transparency Vice President Věra Jourová said: “The pandemic is not over yet, this is why we want platforms to intensify efforts in addressing COVID-19 disinformation, including on vaccines and in all EU languages. We also expect the platforms to translate lessons learned from the COVID monitoring program into a stronger monitoring framework for the new anti-disinformation Code.”
Internal Market Commissioner Thierry Breton added: “Current and prospective signatories must work together efficiently and deliver a strong Code. Expectations are high given the stakes and time is pressing. This Code will be a clear game changer to adapt the responsibility of online platforms by ensuring timely, adequate and efficient measures to fight disinformation in the EU. The informational space should not be a Wild West exposing citizens to untamed disinformation flux.”
Recently, 26 more potential signatories joined in the drafting process of a strengthened Code of Practice on Disinformation, whose deadline was extended to March 2022. The commission hopes the extended deadline will allow the drafting of a strong code. It expects the signatories will respect the guidance and consider the recommendations given by the European Regulators Group for audiovisual Media Services (ERGA) recently.https://reclaimthenet.org/europe-extends-its-coronavirus-disinformation-surveillance-campaign/
- Inside the January 6th Setup– Who is Ray Epps?
- Wait. What? Pfizer CEO now says 2 COVID shots “offers very limited protection, if any,” against COVID-19.
- BREAKING: Biden Administration Making Lists of Religious Vaccine Objectors
- SCOTUS Ruling on OSHA mandate expected today
- Professor Absolutely Loses it on Zoom. (NSFW) “You are all just vectors of disease to me!”
- Justin Trudeau Says That Unvaccinated People Are Usually ‘Racist’ And ‘Misogynist’.
- Another Soccer Star Dies of Heart Attack on Field!
- Savage Dad Berates ‘Beta’ School Board With Perfect Comedic Timing
- Top Tennis Player Quits, Complaining of Chest Pains
- Rumors Persist Among Vatican Insiders That Pope Is Seriously Ill