Florida Legislature passes bill banning transgender women and girls from female sports teams.
Will Gov. Ron DeSantis avoid Gov. Noem’s blunder?
TALLAHASSEE – Florida Republican leaders in the Legislature used some last-ditch maneuvering Wednesday night to revive and approve a controversial ban on transgender athletes participating in women’s sports at the high school and college levels.
The move sparked anger and emotional debate from Democrats in the House and Senate, surprised by the language added as a late amendment in the House to charter school legislation.
The House earlier this month approved the ban – but it failed to advance in the Senate, until made part of the charter school bill lawmakers were eager to approve before the session ends Friday.
- Is the Pope Dying? 2022 Conclave?
- CDC Study — No Significant Difference in COVID-19 Transmission Between Vaccinated and Unvaccinated
- Noooo — Notre-Dame interior faces woke ‘Disney’ revamp
- 1st Grade Class Read Transgender Book. School Board President, Who Owns Sex Toy Biz, Does Nothing.
- Stupid Salvation Army Goes Woke and Now Broke — Donors Withdraw Support in Response to Racial ‘Wokeness’ Initiative
- New Peer-Reviewed Study Shows Ivermectin ‘Significantly’ Reduces COVID Infections, Hospitalization, and Mortality
- Hey, Whatever Happened to Richard Gere? Oh, He Criticized China.