Depends on where you look, but the hotter spots for COVID-19 transmission might have already peaked. Former FDA commissioner Scott Gottlieb predicted two weeks ago that the US could be further into the Delta wave than we know, thanks mainly to a lack of regular sample testing that has plagued the US response from the start.
That’s important context for the charts Gottlieb highlighted yesterday evening, based on data sourced from Johns Hopkins and the CDC. Have we at least plateaued in transmissibility?
There is some evidence that the delta wave is contracting in some of the early outbreak states in the south, with the Rt falling below 1.0; and in other states where the epidemic is still expanding, the rate of that expansion has slowed with the Rt declining. 1/2 pic.twitter.com/O60ABVIPnT— Scott Gottlieb, MD (@ScottGottliebMD) August 4, 2021
- Insane Vid — Man Stream Admission he Killed His Ex-Girlfriend as he prepares to Kill Ex-Wife
- Hey, Whatever Happened to Richard Gere? Oh, He Criticized China.
- Jordan Peterson resigns as tenured University of Toronto professor, torpedoes academia as ‘stunningly corrupt enterprise’
- Video Shows U.S. Capitol Police Gave Protesters OK to Enter
- Aussie Police confirm use of controversial LRAD Weapon against Canberra protestors
- Campus Crusade for Christ Goes All In On Critical Race Theory
- Liars Game — CDC withheld massive amounts of COVID data to ‘prevent vaccine hesitancy’