Immediately following the briefings, Texas Governor Greg Abbott condemned Biden’s move as “threatening our Second Amendment rights.”
“Biden is threatening our 2nd Amendment rights. He just announced a new liberal power grab to take away our guns,” wrote Abbott on Twitter. “We will NOT allow this in TX. It’s time to get legislation making TX a 2nd Amendment Sanctuary State passed and to my desk for signing.”
Abbott was joined by Alaska Governor Mike Dunleavy, who stated plainly that Biden’s gun control laws “won’t save lives or stop criminals” and will instead ”disarm law-abiding citizens.”
“Alaska is a Second Amendment sanctuary state, and we will be evaluating our options,” Dunleavy said.
Iowa Governor Kim Reynolds described Biden’s executive actions as “out of control,” and pointed out that the president is ramming through laws he can’t get through Congress, and bypassing the legislative process.
“He’s doing it at a rapid speed,” said Reynolds. “There has not been another president, I don’t think, in history that has implemented the number of Executive Orders that this president has implemented. And the hypocrisy of running as a uniter and a president that was going to bring both parties together and heal this country, he has done anything but that. He is continuing to divide the country and he’s doing it through these outlandish Executive Orders.”
South Dakota Governor Kristi Noem brought attention to the “shall not be infringed” part of the Second Amendment, pointing out that Biden has claimed that his actions would not infringe upon it. “That’s false,” she said.
“Taking away guns with Red Flag laws is an infringement,” Noem said. “Placing new limits on firearms sales is an infringement. Curbing ammo purchases is an infringement.”
The governors were joined by Idaho Governor Brad Little, and Wyoming Governor Mark Gordon, both of whom stated they would not stand for Biden’s unilateral actions to erode the Second Amendment.
“I oppose any orders or actions imposed from the federal level that infringe on this fundamental right,” Gordon said. “Today I signed HB 236 which prohibits financial institutions and payment processors in Wyoming from discriminating against firearms businesses engaged in lawful commerce.”
- Insane Vid — Man Stream Admission he Killed His Ex-Girlfriend as he prepares to Kill Ex-Wife
- Did Twitter Just Ban Undercover Journalism?
- Campus Crusade for Christ Goes All In On Critical Race Theory
- Inside the January 6th Setup– Who is Ray Epps?
- Human beings aren’t clownfish
- Not See? Olaf Scholz Becomes German Chancellor, Promises Harsher COVID Response
- Dem Congressman Threatens to Seize Trucks if they Clog DC beltway: ‘Perfect time to impound and give the trucks to small trucking companies’
- Putin Orders Deployment of Troops to Breakaway Regions in Ukraine
- Breaking Bad — Wisconsin Bill allows dead bodies to be dissolved with lye, poured into the sewer.
- A Google-Funded ‘Fact Check’ Team is a Handful of Indians With No Experience in Journalism in a Small Town Near Bangladesh.