Personally I have very little faith in Republicans doing anything but hey, maybe there’s a first time.
Several Republican senators led by Sen. Roger Marshall, M.D. (R-KS) sent a letter to Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) on Wednesday pledging to block any funding of President Joe Biden’s “coercive” federal Chinese coronavirus vaccine mandate.
“This is wrong—morally, legally, and constitutionally. Accordingly, we will oppose all efforts to implement and enforce it with every tool at our disposal, including our votes on spending measures considered by the Senate,” the letter reads in part.
The lawmakers sent the letter a day before the Occupational Safety and Public Health Administration (OSHA) released an emergency temporary standard (EMS) on Thursday, which requires employers with more than 100 employees to “maintain a roster of each employee’s vaccination status” and enforce weekly testing requirements for unvaccinated workers. The rule, which involves “planned inspections,” goes into effect January 4, and those who fail to adhere will face fines beginning at $14,000 per violation.
Biden first announced the federal mandate on September 9, 2021, despite repeatedly promising to keep vaccination optional. Originally, the mandate was supposed to go into effect by December 8 — Sen. Marshall accused Biden on Thursday of putting off the mandate to avoid being blamed for more inflation and labor shortages heading into the holiday season.
“Joe Biden’s vaccine mandate is going to create more supply chain blocks and that’s going to lead to more inflation – of course Joe Biden knows this so he’s decided to hold off on enforcement until after the holidays. I will continue to do everything in my power to put a stop to this unconstitutional mandate,” Marshall said in a statement.
- Inside the January 6th Setup– Who is Ray Epps?
- Justin Trudeau Says That Unvaccinated People Are Usually ‘Racist’ And ‘Misogynist’.
- SCOTUS Ruling on OSHA mandate expected today
- Wait. What? Pfizer CEO now says 2 COVID shots “offers very limited protection, if any,” against COVID-19.
- BREAKING: Biden Administration Making Lists of Religious Vaccine Objectors
- Professor Absolutely Loses it on Zoom. (NSFW) “You are all just vectors of disease to me!”
- Rumors Persist Among Vatican Insiders That Pope Is Seriously Ill
- Another Soccer Star Dies of Heart Attack on Field!
- On Eve of Her Death, Comcast Exec Calls Ashli Babbitt a White Trash Insurrectionist Traitor
- Savage Dad Berates ‘Beta’ School Board With Perfect Comedic Timing