Personally I have very little faith in Republicans doing anything but hey, maybe there’s a first time.
Several Republican senators led by Sen. Roger Marshall, M.D. (R-KS) sent a letter to Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) on Wednesday pledging to block any funding of President Joe Biden’s “coercive” federal Chinese coronavirus vaccine mandate.
“This is wrong—morally, legally, and constitutionally. Accordingly, we will oppose all efforts to implement and enforce it with every tool at our disposal, including our votes on spending measures considered by the Senate,” the letter reads in part.
The lawmakers sent the letter a day before the Occupational Safety and Public Health Administration (OSHA) released an emergency temporary standard (EMS) on Thursday, which requires employers with more than 100 employees to “maintain a roster of each employee’s vaccination status” and enforce weekly testing requirements for unvaccinated workers. The rule, which involves “planned inspections,” goes into effect January 4, and those who fail to adhere will face fines beginning at $14,000 per violation.
Biden first announced the federal mandate on September 9, 2021, despite repeatedly promising to keep vaccination optional. Originally, the mandate was supposed to go into effect by December 8 — Sen. Marshall accused Biden on Thursday of putting off the mandate to avoid being blamed for more inflation and labor shortages heading into the holiday season.
“Joe Biden’s vaccine mandate is going to create more supply chain blocks and that’s going to lead to more inflation – of course Joe Biden knows this so he’s decided to hold off on enforcement until after the holidays. I will continue to do everything in my power to put a stop to this unconstitutional mandate,” Marshall said in a statement.
- Insane Vid — Man Stream Admission he Killed His Ex-Girlfriend as he prepares to Kill Ex-Wife
- Did Twitter Just Ban Undercover Journalism?
- Campus Crusade for Christ Goes All In On Critical Race Theory
- Inside the January 6th Setup– Who is Ray Epps?
- Not See? Olaf Scholz Becomes German Chancellor, Promises Harsher COVID Response
- Human beings aren’t clownfish
- Dem Congressman Threatens to Seize Trucks if they Clog DC beltway: ‘Perfect time to impound and give the trucks to small trucking companies’
- Manhattan parents appalled at ‘porn literacy’ class at elite prep school teaching kids about ‘kink and BDSM’
- COVID-19 Vaccine Passport Expires 6 Months After 2nd Dose as Booster Shots Mandated: Israeli Officials
- Why the OSHA Mandate Has No Legal Leg To Stand On