Gov. Abbott vows to ‘defund’ Texas cities that ‘defund’ their own police departments
Texas Gov. Greg Abbott vowed on Tuesday to “defund” cities that restrict law enforcement funding and expressed interest in signing a bill into law that would make it more difficult for localities to limit police budgets in the Lone Star State.
The legislation, which passed the Senate but was delayed in the House on Monday, would require cities and municipalities to hold elections if it’s deemed necessary to reduce officer funding. The bill would also allow the criminal justice division of the governor’s office to prohibit cities that violate the law from adopting “a tax rate for the subsequent municipal or county fiscal year that exceeds the municipality’s or county’s tax rate on the date of the violation.”
Neighborhoods affixed to cities that disagree with the police policies of local government can also vote to de-annex from that municipality.Source
- Is the Pope Dying? 2022 Conclave?
- CDC Study — No Significant Difference in COVID-19 Transmission Between Vaccinated and Unvaccinated
- Noooo — Notre-Dame interior faces woke ‘Disney’ revamp
- 1st Grade Class Read Transgender Book. School Board President, Who Owns Sex Toy Biz, Does Nothing.
- Stupid Salvation Army Goes Woke and Now Broke — Donors Withdraw Support in Response to Racial ‘Wokeness’ Initiative
- New Peer-Reviewed Study Shows Ivermectin ‘Significantly’ Reduces COVID Infections, Hospitalization, and Mortality
- Hey, Whatever Happened to Richard Gere? Oh, He Criticized China.