An online poll conducted by the staunchly left Guardian newspaper seeking nominations for “Person of the Year” has been turned off, sparking speculation it was shut down when author J.K. Rowling took the lead.
The poll was launched on December 15 and posed a simple question: “Who would be your 2021 person of the year, and why?” It can be found here.
As of Wednesday it was no longer live, launching conjecture from a number of sources that the fact author J.K. Rowling was such a dominating choice the outlet had no option left other than to stop accepting nominations.
It still exists but comes with the caveat This form has been deactivated and is closed to any further submissions.
Reactions online have been straight to the point.https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2021/12/29/guardian-person-of-the-year-poll-deactivated-after-j-k-rowling-takes-lead/
Funniest thing I saw on the Internet in 2021?— Isaac de Tormes, VII Marqués de Vichón (@Isaac_de_Tormes) December 28, 2021
I'd say the Guardian deactivating their "Person of the Year" survey because JK Rowling was going to win. https://t.co/BlLYexJ1q1
- Insane Vid — Man Stream Admission he Killed His Ex-Girlfriend as he prepares to Kill Ex-Wife
- Did Twitter Just Ban Undercover Journalism?
- Campus Crusade for Christ Goes All In On Critical Race Theory
- Inside the January 6th Setup– Who is Ray Epps?
- Not See? Olaf Scholz Becomes German Chancellor, Promises Harsher COVID Response
- Dem Congressman Threatens to Seize Trucks if they Clog DC beltway: ‘Perfect time to impound and give the trucks to small trucking companies’
- Human beings aren’t clownfish
- A Google-Funded ‘Fact Check’ Team is a Handful of Indians With No Experience in Journalism in a Small Town Near Bangladesh.
- Asked About Israel, Biden Refuses To Name Or Condemn Hamas For Their Terrorist Attacks
- Police: Criminals Are Using New Apple Device To Stalk Victims, Follow Them Home