Republican Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis’ administration has docked funds for school board members and schools after two districts in the state defied the order that masking students is a parent’s decision and school officials should not put a mandate in place.
The move was made despite threats from the White House that it would violate federal law.
“Yes, we received another harassing and legally hollow letter from U.S. DOE, and, again, we will continue forward, lawfully, as we have this entire time,” FDOE spokesman Jared Ochs said in response to the Department of Education’s letter to Florida Education Commissioner Richard Corcoran.
“At a State Board of Education meeting earlier this month, Corcoran said the federal grants were encouraging districts to violate Florida law,” the Tampa Bay Times reported. “The Biden administration has sent $420,957 to Broward County Public Schools and $148,000 to Alachua County Public Schools to counteract fines levied by the state.”Read More
- Inside the January 6th Setup– Who is Ray Epps?
- Justin Trudeau Says That Unvaccinated People Are Usually ‘Racist’ And ‘Misogynist’.
- SCOTUS Ruling on OSHA mandate expected today
- Wait. What? Pfizer CEO now says 2 COVID shots “offers very limited protection, if any,” against COVID-19.
- BREAKING: Biden Administration Making Lists of Religious Vaccine Objectors
- Professor Absolutely Loses it on Zoom. (NSFW) “You are all just vectors of disease to me!”
- Rumors Persist Among Vatican Insiders That Pope Is Seriously Ill
- Another Soccer Star Dies of Heart Attack on Field!
- On Eve of Her Death, Comcast Exec Calls Ashli Babbitt a White Trash Insurrectionist Traitor
- Savage Dad Berates ‘Beta’ School Board With Perfect Comedic Timing