Republican Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis’ administration has docked funds for school board members and schools after two districts in the state defied the order that masking students is a parent’s decision and school officials should not put a mandate in place.
The move was made despite threats from the White House that it would violate federal law.
“Yes, we received another harassing and legally hollow letter from U.S. DOE, and, again, we will continue forward, lawfully, as we have this entire time,” FDOE spokesman Jared Ochs said in response to the Department of Education’s letter to Florida Education Commissioner Richard Corcoran.
“At a State Board of Education meeting earlier this month, Corcoran said the federal grants were encouraging districts to violate Florida law,” the Tampa Bay Times reported. “The Biden administration has sent $420,957 to Broward County Public Schools and $148,000 to Alachua County Public Schools to counteract fines levied by the state.”Read More
- Insane Vid — Man Stream Admission he Killed His Ex-Girlfriend as he prepares to Kill Ex-Wife
- Did Twitter Just Ban Undercover Journalism?
- Inside the January 6th Setup– Who is Ray Epps?
- Campus Crusade for Christ Goes All In On Critical Race Theory
- Not See? Olaf Scholz Becomes German Chancellor, Promises Harsher COVID Response
- Dem Congressman Threatens to Seize Trucks if they Clog DC beltway: ‘Perfect time to impound and give the trucks to small trucking companies’
- Human beings aren’t clownfish
- Dissenting Swiss theologian Hans Küng Dead
- Illinois College Students Want Hate-Crime Culprit Expelled — Until They Find Out Who She Is
- Liars Game — CDC withheld massive amounts of COVID data to ‘prevent vaccine hesitancy’