https://apnews.com/article/harry-reid-nevada-senate-majority-leader-9030f3a32ca8a70e7236e87bb6952e6e?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=APLAS VEGAS (AP) — Harry Reid, the former Senate majority leader and Nevada’s longest-serving member of Congress, has died. He was 82.
Reid died Tuesday, “peacefully” and surrounded by friends “following a courageous, four-year battle with pancreatic cancer,” Landra Reid said of her husband in a statement.
The combative former boxer-turned-lawyer was widely-acknowledged as one of toughest dealmakers in Congress, a conservative Democrat in an increasingly polarized chamber who vexed lawmakers of both parties with a brusque manner and this motto:
“I would rather dance than fight, but I know how to fight.”
Over a 34-year career in Washington, Reid thrived on behind-the-scenes wrangling and kept the Senate controlled by his party through two presidents — Republican George W. Bush and Democrat Barack Obama — a crippling recession and the Republican takeover of the House after the 2010 elections.
He retired in 2016 after an accident left him blind in one eye.https://apnews.com/article/harry-reid-nevada-senate-majority-leader-9030f3a32ca8a70e7236e87bb6952e6e?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP
- Campus Crusade for Christ Goes All In On Critical Race Theory
- Is the Pope Dying? 2022 Conclave?
- New Peer-Reviewed Study Shows Ivermectin ‘Significantly’ Reduces COVID Infections, Hospitalization, and Mortality
- Media Trying to Destroy Rosanne Boyland Before Truth about Her Jan 6 Death is exposed.
- Wow! Texas Supreme Court Says Facebook Can’t use Section 230 as a Shield.
- Tokyo Medical Association Chairman Haruo Ozaki on Ivermectin
- Sweden’s Lund University researcher faces prosecution for study that showed most rapes are committed by immigrants
- Whistleblowers Share DOD Date that shows Miscarriages and Cancer Spiked in 2021.
- Hey, Whatever Happened to Richard Gere? Oh, He Criticized China.
- CDC Quietly Abandons PCR Test for Covid. Why?