Children’s Hospital Colorado on Tuesday declared a state of emergency regarding pediatric mental health with leadership saying Colorado youths’ levels of behavioral and mental health problems are outpacing medical problems at an unprecedented rate and the crisis needs to be addressed.
“Right now Colorado’s children uniquely need our help,” said Jena Hausmann, CEO of Children’s Hospital Colorado. “We are seeing our pediatric emergency departments and our inpatient units overrun with kids attempting suicide and suffering from other forms of major mental health illness.”
Hausmann said the “sheer magnitude” of this crisis requires additional support from the state and federal government.
Dr. David Brumbaugh, chief medical officer at Children’s Hospital Colorado, said that for “many weeks” this year the most common reason for a patient presenting to his emergency department has been a suicide attempt.
- JAMA: Myocarditis Cases Reported After mRNA-Based COVID-19 Vaccination in the US
- New York junior high segregating students by race in order to ‘undo legacy of racism.’ Do they not know what “racism” means?
- Is the Pope Dying? 2022 Conclave?
- Rumors Persist Among Vatican Insiders That Pope Is Seriously Ill
- Campus Crusade for Christ Goes All In On Critical Race Theory
- CDC Study — No Significant Difference in COVID-19 Transmission Between Vaccinated and Unvaccinated
- Uh-Oh. Vials labeled ‘smallpox’ found in Merck lab near Philadelphia. FBI Investigating.
- Awesome Story — North Korea Hacked Him. So Peeved Security Analyst Took Down Its Internet
- Must Read Commentary by Dr. Angelique Coetzee — Dr. Who Found Announced Omicron
- Finnish Pastor On Trial For ‘Hate Speech’ After Tweeting Bible Verse