Children’s Hospital Colorado on Tuesday declared a state of emergency regarding pediatric mental health with leadership saying Colorado youths’ levels of behavioral and mental health problems are outpacing medical problems at an unprecedented rate and the crisis needs to be addressed.
“Right now Colorado’s children uniquely need our help,” said Jena Hausmann, CEO of Children’s Hospital Colorado. “We are seeing our pediatric emergency departments and our inpatient units overrun with kids attempting suicide and suffering from other forms of major mental health illness.”
Hausmann said the “sheer magnitude” of this crisis requires additional support from the state and federal government.
Dr. David Brumbaugh, chief medical officer at Children’s Hospital Colorado, said that for “many weeks” this year the most common reason for a patient presenting to his emergency department has been a suicide attempt.
- Sweden’s Lund University researcher faces prosecution for study that showed most rapes are committed by immigrants
- Human beings aren’t clownfish
- Campus Crusade for Christ Goes All In On Critical Race Theory
- What the ever living? Report–Governor Kristi Noem is having an extramarital affair with adviser Corey Lewandowski
- Inside the January 6th Setup– Who is Ray Epps?
- Michigan High School Student Sues School for Suspending Him for Talking About Christian Beliefs in Private