Britain’s vaccine chief has said that “at some point, society has to open up” and that the strategy of consistently trying to give booster shots to the entire population is “not sustainable”.
The chairman of the UK’s Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI), professor Sir Andrew Pollard said that while the decisions on lockdown and vaccination policy are ultimately up to the politicians in Westminster, he shed doubt on enacting future booster campaigns.
“We can’t vaccinate the planet every four to six months. It’s not sustainable or affordable. In the future, we need to target the vulnerable,” Sir Andrew told The Telegraph.
The JCVI chief went on to suggest that it is too early for Britain to go down the route taken by countries such as Israel, which has already embarked on providing its elderly population with a fourth dose of the vaccine.
“We know that people have strong antibodies for a few months after their third vaccination, but more data are needed to assess whether, when and how often those who are vulnerable will need additional doses,” he said.
Professor Pollard also implied that the time for lifting restrictions is likely approaching in the UK, saying: “At some point, society has to open up. When we do open, there will be a period with a bump in infections, which is why winter is probably not the best time.https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2022/01/05/uk-vaccine-chief-says-constant-booster-shots-is-not-sustainable/
- Insane Vid — Man Stream Admission he Killed His Ex-Girlfriend as he prepares to Kill Ex-Wife
- Did Twitter Just Ban Undercover Journalism?
- Campus Crusade for Christ Goes All In On Critical Race Theory
- Inside the January 6th Setup– Who is Ray Epps?
- Human beings aren’t clownfish
- Not See? Olaf Scholz Becomes German Chancellor, Promises Harsher COVID Response
- Dem Congressman Threatens to Seize Trucks if they Clog DC beltway: ‘Perfect time to impound and give the trucks to small trucking companies’
- NY Teacher in Unhinged Rant Threatens to Throw Children at Anyone Who Questions His Masks.
- Breaking Bad — Wisconsin Bill allows dead bodies to be dissolved with lye, poured into the sewer.
- Pelosi Spins Inflation as Good News