Britain’s vaccine chief has said that “at some point, society has to open up” and that the strategy of consistently trying to give booster shots to the entire population is “not sustainable”.
The chairman of the UK’s Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI), professor Sir Andrew Pollard said that while the decisions on lockdown and vaccination policy are ultimately up to the politicians in Westminster, he shed doubt on enacting future booster campaigns.
“We can’t vaccinate the planet every four to six months. It’s not sustainable or affordable. In the future, we need to target the vulnerable,” Sir Andrew told The Telegraph.
The JCVI chief went on to suggest that it is too early for Britain to go down the route taken by countries such as Israel, which has already embarked on providing its elderly population with a fourth dose of the vaccine.
“We know that people have strong antibodies for a few months after their third vaccination, but more data are needed to assess whether, when and how often those who are vulnerable will need additional doses,” he said.
Professor Pollard also implied that the time for lifting restrictions is likely approaching in the UK, saying: “At some point, society has to open up. When we do open, there will be a period with a bump in infections, which is why winter is probably not the best time.https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2022/01/05/uk-vaccine-chief-says-constant-booster-shots-is-not-sustainable/
- New Peer-Reviewed Study Shows Ivermectin ‘Significantly’ Reduces COVID Infections, Hospitalization, and Mortality
- MIT Scientist Warns About Covid Vaccine on the Brain
- Wait. What? Pfizer CEO now says 2 COVID shots “offers very limited protection, if any,” against COVID-19.
- BREAKING: Biden Administration Making Lists of Religious Vaccine Objectors
- Inside the January 6th Setup– Who is Ray Epps?
- SCOTUS Ruling on OSHA mandate expected today
- Teacher alleges she was fired for not ‘meowing’ back at student who identifies as a cat
- Professor Absolutely Loses it on Zoom. (NSFW) “You are all just vectors of disease to me!”
- Insane — Canada court rules father cannot criticize COVID vaccines around 10-year-old son
- Tyranny — New infrastructure bill grants U.S. gov’t ability to disable vehicles remotely