Here’s an idea -stop letting violent offenders back on the street.
A 16-year-old on juvenile probation opened fire on the street in broad daylight after seeing a rival flash gang signs, hitting his intended target in the back — but also shooting 8-year-old Melissa Ortega in the head while she crossed the street with her mother, Cook County prosecutors said in court Thursday.
Emilio Corripio, a teen prosecutors said is a self-admitted member of the Latin Kings, then got back into a car driven by 27-year-old Xavier Guzman, and the two drove around to buy sandwiches and drinks without “a care in the world,” Assistant State’s Attorney James Murphy said.
Both Corripio and Guzman were charged with Ortega’s murder and ordered held without bond Thursday by Judge Susana Ortiz. They also face charges of attempted murder and gun possession.
Corripio is on intensive juvenile probation after pleading delinquent to two carjackings and possession of a stolen motor vehicle, Murphy said. He is being charged as an adult in Ortega’s shooting.
- Insane Vid — Man Stream Admission he Killed His Ex-Girlfriend as he prepares to Kill Ex-Wife
- Did Twitter Just Ban Undercover Journalism?
- Campus Crusade for Christ Goes All In On Critical Race Theory
- Inside the January 6th Setup– Who is Ray Epps?
- Human beings aren’t clownfish
- Not See? Olaf Scholz Becomes German Chancellor, Promises Harsher COVID Response
- Dem Congressman Threatens to Seize Trucks if they Clog DC beltway: ‘Perfect time to impound and give the trucks to small trucking companies’
- Outrage: Judge rules against Christian baker Jack Phillips in transgender ‘birthday’ cake case
- China Threatens Olympics Athletes Not to Post About Political or Religious Issues…Or Else.
- They’ll Come for His Wife. Report: Justice Clarence Thomas’ wife had ties to January 6 rally and efforts to overturn the 2020 election.