An Illinois Democratic state representative introduced a new bill on Monday that would force unvaccinated patients to pay their own medical expenses if they receive hospital treatment for COVID-19.
State Democratic Rep. Jonathan Carroll sponsored the new legislation, HB 4259, that seeks to encourage Illinois residents to receive a vaccination.
The bill proposes “a person who is eligible to receive a COVID-19 vaccine and chooses not to be vaccinated shall pay for health care expenses out-of-pocket if the person becomes hospitalized because of COVID-19 symptoms.”
Carroll argued that more people should be vaccinated.
“The vaccine is proven to be the one thing that is stopping the severity of COVID-19, and we are seeing more variants popping up,” Carroll told WCIA-TV on Monday.
“The experts are telling us, ‘This is now becoming a disease of the unvaccinated.’ The people that are choosing to get vaccinated are not the ones that are clogging up the healthcare system, it’s the ones that aren’t,” he added.
In an interview with The Chicago-Sun Times, Carroll added, “I think it’s time that we say ‘You choose not to get vaccinated, then you’re also going to assume the risk that if you do catch COVID, and you get sick, the responsibility is on you.’”
The Centers for Medicaid and Medicare Services (CMS) found the average COVID-19 hospitalization costs $24,033. Nationwide, Medicare has already paid $16.6 billion for COVID-19 hospitalizations.https://www.dailywire.com/news/unvaccinated-covid-patients-could-be-forced-to-pay-average-of-24k-in-medical-bills-under-proposed-illinois-democrat-bill
- Insane Vid — Man Stream Admission he Killed His Ex-Girlfriend as he prepares to Kill Ex-Wife
- Did Twitter Just Ban Undercover Journalism?
- Inside the January 6th Setup– Who is Ray Epps?
- Campus Crusade for Christ Goes All In On Critical Race Theory
- Not See? Olaf Scholz Becomes German Chancellor, Promises Harsher COVID Response
- Human beings aren’t clownfish
- Dem Congressman Threatens to Seize Trucks if they Clog DC beltway: ‘Perfect time to impound and give the trucks to small trucking companies’
- Unexpectedly!! Consumer Prices Explode 7.5% Higher, Worst Inflation in 40 Years
- Shock Report: Now Illegal for Priest to Hear Confession outside of Church in Ireland
- Official — The mRNA Covid shots are killing teenagers