It’s Coming, China Reportedly Converted Civilian Ferries for Military Assault Operations
Makes sense given U.S. is at its weakest.
Amid growing tensions with Taiwan, China has reportedly converted civilian ferries for use in military amphibious assault operations.
According to a new report in the Jamestown Foundation’s China Brief, since 2019, the roll-on/roll-off ferry Bang Chui Dao has been fitted with a modified ramp capable of launching and recovering amphibious armored vehicles while offshore.
This means that the ship can launch and recover vehicles without port facilities. This is different from typical roll-on/roll-off vessels, which have straight hydraulic ramps for vehicles to drive on or off while ships are in port.
According to the Jamestown Foundation’s report – published by Conor Kennedy, an instructor at the U.S. Naval War College’s China Maritime Studies Institute – the modified ramp is “driven directly by two large hydraulic cylinders and two support arms.”
- Is the Pope Dying? 2022 Conclave?
- CDC Study — No Significant Difference in COVID-19 Transmission Between Vaccinated and Unvaccinated
- Noooo — Notre-Dame interior faces woke ‘Disney’ revamp
- New Peer-Reviewed Study Shows Ivermectin ‘Significantly’ Reduces COVID Infections, Hospitalization, and Mortality
- Hey, Whatever Happened to Richard Gere? Oh, He Criticized China.
- China Threatens Olympics Athletes Not to Post About Political or Religious Issues…Or Else.
- Hmmm. Four British Airway Pilots Suddenly Die in One Week. But It Has Nothing to do with Vaxx!!!!!!
- 1st Grade Class Read Transgender Book. School Board President, Who Owns Sex Toy Biz, Does Nothing.
- Stupid Salvation Army Goes Woke and Now Broke — Donors Withdraw Support in Response to Racial ‘Wokeness’ Initiative