A federal judge on Thursday temporarily postponed orders a deployed sailor was facing to shave his beard — an order he says infringes on his religious rights.
Electrician’s Mate (Nuclear) 3rd Class Edmund Di Liscia, a Hasidic Jew aboard the aircraft carrier Theodore Roosevelt, was counseled Thursday and ordered to shave his beard by Friday. Di Liscia previously obtained an accommodation allowing him to wear a beard in uniform for religious reasons, but was told by his ship’s command that the rule had been overridden.
Di Liscia wrote in his counseling record that being ordered to shave violates his religious practices. He called the order to shave “extremely humiliating and deeply jarring to my psyche and soul.”
A request for a temporary restraining order was then filed Thursday on Di Liscia’s behalf in U.S. District Court in Washington, D.C. The temporary restraining order would prevent the Defense Department from being able to force the sailor to shave his beard.
- Campus Crusade for Christ Goes All In On Critical Race Theory
- Is the Pope Dying? 2022 Conclave?
- New Peer-Reviewed Study Shows Ivermectin ‘Significantly’ Reduces COVID Infections, Hospitalization, and Mortality
- Media Trying to Destroy Rosanne Boyland Before Truth about Her Jan 6 Death is exposed.
- Justin Trudeau Says That Unvaccinated People Are Usually ‘Racist’ And ‘Misogynist’.
- Sweden’s Lund University researcher faces prosecution for study that showed most rapes are committed by immigrants
- Wow! Texas Supreme Court Says Facebook Can’t use Section 230 as a Shield.
- Hey, Whatever Happened to Richard Gere? Oh, He Criticized China.
- Tokyo Medical Association Chairman Haruo Ozaki on Ivermectin
- Gov. Kristi Noem is a Leftist Fraud Who is Controlled by Big Business