A federal judge on Thursday temporarily postponed orders a deployed sailor was facing to shave his beard — an order he says infringes on his religious rights.
Electrician’s Mate (Nuclear) 3rd Class Edmund Di Liscia, a Hasidic Jew aboard the aircraft carrier Theodore Roosevelt, was counseled Thursday and ordered to shave his beard by Friday. Di Liscia previously obtained an accommodation allowing him to wear a beard in uniform for religious reasons, but was told by his ship’s command that the rule had been overridden.
Di Liscia wrote in his counseling record that being ordered to shave violates his religious practices. He called the order to shave “extremely humiliating and deeply jarring to my psyche and soul.”
A request for a temporary restraining order was then filed Thursday on Di Liscia’s behalf in U.S. District Court in Washington, D.C. The temporary restraining order would prevent the Defense Department from being able to force the sailor to shave his beard.
- Video: Brett Favre BLASTS Woke Sports
- Insane Vid — Man Stream Admission he Killed His Ex-Girlfriend as he prepares to Kill Ex-Wife
- Finnish Pastor On Trial For ‘Hate Speech’ After Tweeting Bible Verse
- The Cruel and Incoherent Further Restrictions on the Traditional Latin Mass
- Human beings aren’t clownfish
- Pope Plans To Dismantle Summorum Pontificum, Latin Mass Permission
- New Peer-Reviewed Study Shows Ivermectin ‘Significantly’ Reduces COVID Infections, Hospitalization, and Mortality
- Sen. Rand Paul Calls Out Fauci
- Some French Don’t Surrender! French Mayors Rebel, Will Not Enforce Vaccine Passport at Cafes
- 19-year-old Simone Scott was excited for her second dose of #Covid vaccine. Now, Her Mother is Arranging Her Funeral.