CLAIM: Joe Biden on Tuesday claimed, without evidence, that gas companies are overcharging Americans at the pump by not passing on cost savings from lower wholesale gas prices to prices at the pump.
Gas prices are not abnormally high relative to either wholesale gasoline prices or crude oil prices. In fact, the ratios of wholesale gas prices to retail prices and that crude oil to retail gas prices are both currently below their ten-year averages. That indicates that consumers at the gas pump are paying around what would be expected given the price of oil or the wholesale price of gasoline.
On Tuesday, the White House announced that the U.S. would release 50 million barrels of oil from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve in an ploy to bring down the price of gas. The immediate market response was a jump in the price of gas by 3.3 percent to over $82 a barrel.
Biden also claimed, falsely, that Americans were being overcharged by gasoline companies that were not passing on cheaper wholesale prices.
- This Pic Hilariously Sums up the Media’s Coverage of Covid
- Insane Vid — Man Stream Admission he Killed His Ex-Girlfriend as he prepares to Kill Ex-Wife
- Cardinal Cupich of Chicago Drops the Hammer on The Traditional Rites
- FISA Court Confirms Govt Lied In Every Spy Warrant Application Against Carter Page
- Naomi Wolf: Vaccine Passports are “End of Human Liberty.”
- Inside the January 6th Setup– Who is Ray Epps?
- Nightmare Fish Washes Up on California Shore. I’m Not Saying It’s the Apocalypse but…
- After Mexico City introduced ivermectin plan, COVID hospitalizations and deaths disappeared
- Vatican Warns Bishops Against Taking a Stand for Life
- French National Assembly Passes Anti-Extremism Bill Proposing Stricter Rules for Religion