VATICANCITY -Pope Francis has rejected German Cardinal Reinhard Marx’s offer to resign as archbishop of Munich over the Church’s sexual abuse crisis, a letter released by the Vatican on Thursday showed.
Marx, one of Roman Catholicism’s most influential liberal figures, offered to resign earlier this month, saying he had to share responsibility for the “catastrophe” of sexual abuse by clerics over past decades.
Francis said he understood the motivation behind Marx’s offer to resign, but would not accept it.
“That is my answer, dear Brother. Continue as you suggest, but as Archbishop of Munich,” Francis told Marx in the letter.EuroNews
- Insane Vid — Man Stream Admission he Killed His Ex-Girlfriend as he prepares to Kill Ex-Wife
- New York junior high segregating students by race in order to ‘undo legacy of racism.’ Do they not know what “racism” means?
- JAMA: Myocarditis Cases Reported After mRNA-Based COVID-19 Vaccination in the US
- Something Really Strange (and Scary) Is Happening At Hospitals All Over America
- CDC Study — No Significant Difference in COVID-19 Transmission Between Vaccinated and Unvaccinated
- Is the Pope Dying? 2022 Conclave?
- Rumors Persist Among Vatican Insiders That Pope Is Seriously Ill
- Campus Crusade for Christ Goes All In On Critical Race Theory
- Sweden’s Lund University researcher faces prosecution for study that showed most rapes are committed by immigrants
- Politics over Science! AMA Recommends Removing Gender From Birth Certificates