VATICANCITY -Pope Francis has rejected German Cardinal Reinhard Marx’s offer to resign as archbishop of Munich over the Church’s sexual abuse crisis, a letter released by the Vatican on Thursday showed.
Marx, one of Roman Catholicism’s most influential liberal figures, offered to resign earlier this month, saying he had to share responsibility for the “catastrophe” of sexual abuse by clerics over past decades.
Francis said he understood the motivation behind Marx’s offer to resign, but would not accept it.
“That is my answer, dear Brother. Continue as you suggest, but as Archbishop of Munich,” Francis told Marx in the letter.EuroNews
- Insane Vid — Man Stream Admission he Killed His Ex-Girlfriend as he prepares to Kill Ex-Wife
- Hey, Whatever Happened to Richard Gere? Oh, He Criticized China.
- Jordan Peterson resigns as tenured University of Toronto professor, torpedoes academia as ‘stunningly corrupt enterprise’
- Campus Crusade for Christ Goes All In On Critical Race Theory
- Liars Game — CDC withheld massive amounts of COVID data to ‘prevent vaccine hesitancy’
- Video Shows U.S. Capitol Police Gave Protesters OK to Enter
- Aussie Police confirm use of controversial LRAD Weapon against Canberra protestors
- What the ever living? Report–Governor Kristi Noem is having an extramarital affair with adviser Corey Lewandowski