Man convicted of mosque bombing blames right-wing blogs, begs for leniency because he’s a transgender woman
The most 21st century headline ever.
An Illinois man who was convicted of bombing a mosque said that he was transitioning into a transgender woman and that right-wing blogs and his own gender dysphoria are to blame for his actions.Don’t miss out on content from Dave Rubin free of big tech censorship. Listen to The Rubin Report now.
Michael Hari was convicted in December 2020 of orchestrating the 2017 attack at the Dar Al-Farooq Islamic Center in Bloomington, Minnesota. Hari was the leader of an anti-government militia group called the White Rabbits. Some of those militia members testified against Hari in court.
Hari, who goes by Emily Claire Hari, is facing life in prison over the bombing but his defense attorney asked the court for leniency based on Hari’s inner turmoil about his gender identity.
“She strongly desired making a full transition but knew she would be ostracized from everyone and everything she knew,” wrote attorney Shannon Elkins in court documents cited by the Star Tribune.
“Thus, as she formed a ragtag group of freedom fighters or militia men and spoke of missions to Cuba and Venezuela, Ms. Hari secretly looked up ‘sex change,’ ‘transgender surgery,’ and ‘post-op transgender’ on the Internet,” Elkins explained. “As she purchased military fatigues for their ‘missions’ she also purchased dresses and female clothing for a planned trip to Bangkok, Thailand for male-to-female surgery. She was living a double life.”
While no one was hurt in the bombing, the community was traumatized by the violence and Hari was convicted of using a destructive device in a crime of violence and damaging property because of its religious character, among other charges.
Hari, who continues to deny his guilt, blames right-wing blogs and news outlets for his radicalization against Muslims.
- Is the Pope Dying? 2022 Conclave?
- CDC Study — No Significant Difference in COVID-19 Transmission Between Vaccinated and Unvaccinated
- The Jan 6 Tunnel Footage Will Change Everything We Thought We Knew
- Campus Crusade for Christ Goes All In On Critical Race Theory
- Fairfield Carmelite Sisters Wait and Pray for an End to Their Saga
- Wokeism Is a Cruel and Dangerous Cult
- They’ll Come for His Wife. Report: Justice Clarence Thomas’ wife had ties to January 6 rally and efforts to overturn the 2020 election.
- Stupid Salvation Army Goes Woke and Now Broke — Donors Withdraw Support in Response to Racial ‘Wokeness’ Initiative
- Federal judge grants injunction to Navy Seals opposing vaccine mandates
- Progressives, ACLU Fight Against Transparency in Schools