Says protestors are “insensitive”
JUST IN – Mayor of #Ottawa declares a state of emergency in the city due to the ongoing protest.— Disclose.tv (@disclosetv) February 6, 2022
The ongoing truckers’ protest in the Canadian capital is now “completely out of control,” the Ottawa mayor said Sunday as the city center remained blocked by opponents of anti-Covid measures.
The protesters, who first reached the capital on January 29, have parked their big rigs on city streets and put up tents and temporary shacks — paralyzing the capital to the consternation of officials and the mounting frustration of many residents.
“The situation at this point is completely out of control,” Mayor Jim Watson told a local radio station, adding that the protesters “have far more people than we have police officers.”
“Clearly, we are outnumbered and we are losing this battle,” he told CFRA radio. “This has to be reversed; we have to get our city back.”
Watson called the truckers “insensitive,” as they have continued “blaring horns and sirens and fireworks, and turning it into a party.”
The demonstrations began as protests by truckers angry with vaccine requirements when crossing the US-Canadian border, but have morphed into broader protests against Covid-19 health restrictions and the government of Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/truckers-protest-in-ottawa-out-of-control-mayor/ar-AATxsd4
- Sweden’s Lund University researcher faces prosecution for study that showed most rapes are committed by immigrants
- Human beings aren’t clownfish
- Campus Crusade for Christ Goes All In On Critical Race Theory
- What the ever living? Report–Governor Kristi Noem is having an extramarital affair with adviser Corey Lewandowski
- Inside the January 6th Setup– Who is Ray Epps?
- Michigan High School Student Sues School for Suspending Him for Talking About Christian Beliefs in Private