This one was a slam dunk.
A mother is facing jail time after yelling at her daughter to hit another girl during a basketball game in a caught-on-video incident in Garden Grove last month, the Orange County District Attorney announced Thursday.
The mother, 44-year-old Latira Shonty Hunt of La Puente, was in the stands on Nov. 7 watching her teenage daughter compete in a youth basketball game, when she allegedly yelled “you better hit her for that” after her daughter had an interaction with a rival player on the court.
Viral video shows her daughter then sucker punching the other player, a 15-year-old girl, in the face. The girl collapses on the court following the “unprovoked attack,” officials said.
Hunt was charged with one misdemeanor count of contributing to the delinquency of a minor and one misdemeanor count of battery, according to the DA’s office.
She faces a maximum sentence of one year in Orange County Jail if convicted on all counts.
“It is unconscionable that a parent would encourage her child to engage in violence during a sporting event,” O.C. District Attorney Todd Spitzer said in a statement.
- New Peer-Reviewed Study Shows Ivermectin ‘Significantly’ Reduces COVID Infections, Hospitalization, and Mortality
- MIT Scientist Warns About Covid Vaccine on the Brain
- Teacher alleges she was fired for not ‘meowing’ back at student who identifies as a cat
- Insane — Canada court rules father cannot criticize COVID vaccines around 10-year-old son
- Wait. What? Pfizer CEO now says 2 COVID shots “offers very limited protection, if any,” against COVID-19.
- BREAKING: Biden Administration Making Lists of Religious Vaccine Objectors
- SCOTUS Ruling on OSHA mandate expected today
- And Now Ireland — Ireland drops most COVID-19 restrictions
- Inside the January 6th Setup– Who is Ray Epps?
- Professor Absolutely Loses it on Zoom. (NSFW) “You are all just vectors of disease to me!”