This one was a slam dunk.
A mother is facing jail time after yelling at her daughter to hit another girl during a basketball game in a caught-on-video incident in Garden Grove last month, the Orange County District Attorney announced Thursday.
The mother, 44-year-old Latira Shonty Hunt of La Puente, was in the stands on Nov. 7 watching her teenage daughter compete in a youth basketball game, when she allegedly yelled “you better hit her for that” after her daughter had an interaction with a rival player on the court.
Viral video shows her daughter then sucker punching the other player, a 15-year-old girl, in the face. The girl collapses on the court following the “unprovoked attack,” officials said.
Hunt was charged with one misdemeanor count of contributing to the delinquency of a minor and one misdemeanor count of battery, according to the DA’s office.
She faces a maximum sentence of one year in Orange County Jail if convicted on all counts.
“It is unconscionable that a parent would encourage her child to engage in violence during a sporting event,” O.C. District Attorney Todd Spitzer said in a statement.
- Insane Vid — Man Stream Admission he Killed His Ex-Girlfriend as he prepares to Kill Ex-Wife
- Did Twitter Just Ban Undercover Journalism?
- Inside the January 6th Setup– Who is Ray Epps?
- Campus Crusade for Christ Goes All In On Critical Race Theory
- Human beings aren’t clownfish
- Not See? Olaf Scholz Becomes German Chancellor, Promises Harsher COVID Response
- Dem Congressman Threatens to Seize Trucks if they Clog DC beltway: ‘Perfect time to impound and give the trucks to small trucking companies’
- Official — The mRNA Covid shots are killing teenagers
- Pelosi Spins Inflation as Good News
- Liars Game — CDC withheld massive amounts of COVID data to ‘prevent vaccine hesitancy’