A junior high school in Manhattan is racially segregating students as part of its efforts to discuss identity and social justice issues, the New York Post reported.
According to the paper, an email to parents of students at the Lower Manhattan Community School said that the institution will be splitting kids into categories based on race as part of its efforts to “undo the legacy of racism and oppression in this country that impacts our school community.”
The letter, which was written and signed by principal Shanna Douglas, said the seventh- and eighth-grade students will be permitted to opt into one of five categories.
“On November 23rd and 24th, 7th and 8th graders will explore the question ‘How do our racial identities influence our experiences?’ in affinity groups,” Douglas declared, the Post reported. “An affinity group is a group formed around a shared interest.”
Apparently those “shared interests” are just about skin color.
Don’t miss out on content from Dave Rubin free of big tech censorship. Listen to The Rubin Report now.
The “affinity groups” will categorize students by race, according to the principal’s letter.
White students will have one group, and Asians will have their own.
Black and Hispanic students will be combined into one group. And mixed-race students will have their own category, Douglas said, according to the Post.
If a student is one of those kids who has a problem with the segregation, then he can join a the fifth group, which, the paper said, “appears to be for those uncomfortable with the format.”
That group, Douglas’ letter said, will start with a discussion titled “Why are we even talking about racial identity?”
According to the city’s Department of Education, the program is “optional” and is just a “two day celebration.”
- Inside the January 6th Setup– Who is Ray Epps?
- Wait. What? Pfizer CEO now says 2 COVID shots “offers very limited protection, if any,” against COVID-19.
- BREAKING: Biden Administration Making Lists of Religious Vaccine Objectors
- SCOTUS Ruling on OSHA mandate expected today
- Professor Absolutely Loses it on Zoom. (NSFW) “You are all just vectors of disease to me!”
- Justin Trudeau Says That Unvaccinated People Are Usually ‘Racist’ And ‘Misogynist’.
- Another Soccer Star Dies of Heart Attack on Field!
- Savage Dad Berates ‘Beta’ School Board With Perfect Comedic Timing
- Top Tennis Player Quits, Complaining of Chest Pains
- Rumors Persist Among Vatican Insiders That Pope Is Seriously Ill