PARIS (AP) – The French rugby federation is allowing transgender people to take part in all France’s domestic competitions from next season in a move going against recommendations from World Rugby.
The French federation issued a statement saying its executive board unanimously voted in favour of the transgender proposal from its Anti-Discrimination and Equal Treatment Commission.
In October last year, World Rugby recommended that transgender women should not play in women’s elite or international teams for safety reasons, becoming one of the first major world sports to do so. But the governing body’s guidelines were recommendations only and are not binding on national unions in their domestic competitions.
“Rugby is an inclusive, sharing sport, without distinction of sex, gender, origin or religion,” said Serge Simon, the vice-president of the French rugby federation. “It is important to allow all our members to practice their passion while respecting everyone’s rights.”Breitbart
- Aussie Police confirm use of controversial LRAD Weapon against Canberra protestors
- Insane Vid — Man Stream Admission he Killed His Ex-Girlfriend as he prepares to Kill Ex-Wife
- Healthy BBC presenter Lisa Shaw, 44, died after ‘severe’ headaches and brain bleed just days after AstraZeneca vaccine
- Something Really Strange (and Scary) Is Happening At Hospitals All Over America
- Campus Crusade for Christ Goes All In On Critical Race Theory
- Not so fast. The Very Misleading Article By a Priest on Drugs And Abortion Testing
- Prince Andrew agrees to settlement in Jeffrey Epstein sex abuse case
- JAMA: Myocarditis Cases Reported After mRNA-Based COVID-19 Vaccination in the US
- Is Gavin Newsom hiding because he got Bell’s Palsy from Booster Shot?
- Liars Game — CDC withheld massive amounts of COVID data to ‘prevent vaccine hesitancy’