PARIS (AP) – The French rugby federation is allowing transgender people to take part in all France’s domestic competitions from next season in a move going against recommendations from World Rugby.
The French federation issued a statement saying its executive board unanimously voted in favour of the transgender proposal from its Anti-Discrimination and Equal Treatment Commission.
In October last year, World Rugby recommended that transgender women should not play in women’s elite or international teams for safety reasons, becoming one of the first major world sports to do so. But the governing body’s guidelines were recommendations only and are not binding on national unions in their domestic competitions.
“Rugby is an inclusive, sharing sport, without distinction of sex, gender, origin or religion,” said Serge Simon, the vice-president of the French rugby federation. “It is important to allow all our members to practice their passion while respecting everyone’s rights.”Breitbart
- Hey, Whatever Happened to Richard Gere? Oh, He Criticized China.
- Jordan Peterson resigns as tenured University of Toronto professor, torpedoes academia as ‘stunningly corrupt enterprise’
- Insane Vid — Man Stream Admission he Killed His Ex-Girlfriend as he prepares to Kill Ex-Wife
- Video Shows U.S. Capitol Police Gave Protesters OK to Enter
- Aussie Police confirm use of controversial LRAD Weapon against Canberra protestors
- Campus Crusade for Christ Goes All In On Critical Race Theory
- Liars Game — CDC withheld massive amounts of COVID data to ‘prevent vaccine hesitancy’