New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio mandated inoculations for a range of indoor venues at a press conference Tuesday morning, requiring proof of vaccinations from employees and customers of indoor eateries, gyms, and entertainment centers.
The order goes into effect Aug. 16, with full enforcement beginning Sept. 13. De Blasio said that the mandate, known as the Key to NYC Pass, would encourage increased immunizations to combat the spread of the delta variant.
“When you hear those words, I want you to imagine the notion that, because someone’s vaccinated, they can do all the amazing things that are available in this city,” de Blasio said of the Key to NYC Pass.
De Blasio added that the city would begin inspecting businesses for compliance in mid-September. All affected customers and workers can either provide their vaccination cards or upload their proof of vaccination to the Excelsior Pass application.
- Campus Crusade for Christ Goes All In On Critical Race Theory
- Sweden’s Lund University researcher faces prosecution for study that showed most rapes are committed by immigrants
- Human beings aren’t clownfish
- What the ever living? Report–Governor Kristi Noem is having an extramarital affair with adviser Corey Lewandowski
- Inside the January 6th Setup– Who is Ray Epps?
- Michigan High School Student Sues School for Suspending Him for Talking About Christian Beliefs in Private