Apple agrees to let Parler back on the App Store, citing improved moderation
After removing Parler from the App Store back in January, Apple has reportedly decided to allow the app to come back. According to a new report from CNN, Apple has approved Parler’s latest attempt to return to the App Store follow improvements to the moderation system…
In January, Apple had given Parler 24 hours’ notice to implement a content moderation system or else face removal from the App Store. The company resisted and therefore the app was removed as Apple had promised. Over the last few months, however, Apple had kept the door open to allowing Parler back into the App Store, based on whether it implemented a content moderation system.
The report cites a letter that Apple sent to Sen. Mike Lee (R-UT) and Rep. Ken Buck (R-CO). In the letter, Apple says that Parler has implemented a system to better detect hate speech and other offensive content:
Apple has approved Parler’s return to the iOS app store following improvements the social media company made to better detect and moderate hate speech and incitement, according to a letter the iPhone maker sent to Congress on Monday.
Apple’s approval of Parler’s latest version comes after it rejected the company’s attempt to return to the App Store last month. At the time, Apple said that Parler had not made “sufficient” changes to warrant re-entry into the App Store.Source
- Insane Vid — Man Stream Admission he Killed His Ex-Girlfriend as he prepares to Kill Ex-Wife
- Did Twitter Just Ban Undercover Journalism?
- Inside the January 6th Setup– Who is Ray Epps?
- Campus Crusade for Christ Goes All In On Critical Race Theory
- Human beings aren’t clownfish
- Not See? Olaf Scholz Becomes German Chancellor, Promises Harsher COVID Response
- Dem Congressman Threatens to Seize Trucks if they Clog DC beltway: ‘Perfect time to impound and give the trucks to small trucking companies’
- NY Teacher in Unhinged Rant Threatens to Throw Children at Anyone Who Questions His Masks.
- Pelosi Spins Inflation as Good News
- Liars Game — CDC withheld massive amounts of COVID data to ‘prevent vaccine hesitancy’