Evil and unconstitutional beyond words.
WASHINGTON – House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., announced Thursday the House of Representatives will vote later this month on a bill that would protect the right to abortion across the country.
Her announcement comes after a divided Supreme Court late Wednesday denied an effort by abortion rights groups to halt a Texas law that took effect earlier in t that bans people from having the procedure after six weeks of pregnancy.
The court declined to block enforcement of the law, the most restrictive in the nation, over the objection of three liberal associate justices and Chief Justice John Roberts.
The Texas law, signed by Republican Gov. Greg Abbott in May, bans abortions when a fetal heartbeat is detected, which can occur at six weeks. The law doesn’t include exceptions for rape or incest but allows people to have the procedure for “medical emergencies.”
The House will vote on the bill when the House returns to Washington Sept. 20 following a summer recess, the speaker said
“Upon our return, the House will bring up Congresswoman Judy Chu’s Women’s Health Protection Act to enshrine into law reproductive health care for all women across America,” Pelosi said in a statement. “The Supreme Court’s cowardly, dark-of-night decision to uphold a flagrantly unconstitutional assault on women’s rights and health is staggering.”https://www.freep.com/story/news/politics/2021/09/02/pelosi-house-vote-abortion-bill-after-supreme-court-decision/5697169001/
- Insane Vid — Man Stream Admission he Killed His Ex-Girlfriend as he prepares to Kill Ex-Wife
- Did Twitter Just Ban Undercover Journalism?
- Inside the January 6th Setup– Who is Ray Epps?
- Campus Crusade for Christ Goes All In On Critical Race Theory
- Not See? Olaf Scholz Becomes German Chancellor, Promises Harsher COVID Response
- Dem Congressman Threatens to Seize Trucks if they Clog DC beltway: ‘Perfect time to impound and give the trucks to small trucking companies’
- Human beings aren’t clownfish
- Official — The mRNA Covid shots are killing teenagers
- Federal Judge Rules D.C. Capacity Limits On Religious Gatherings Are Unconstitutional
- With Hot Chocolate on the line — Nothing But Net!