Pentagon press secretary Admiral John Kirby suggested Wednesday that troops objecting to mandatory coronavirus vaccines might require counseling.
Kirby said during a press briefing that there would be exceptions to Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin’s vaccine mandate across all branches of the Armed Forces, but that anyone who objected for reasons outside very specific parameters would be subject to counseling from both medical professionals and their chain of command. (RELATED: Pentagon To Mandate COVID-19 Vaccination For All Service Members Following Full FDA Approval)
Kirby began by noting that, since the Pfizer vaccine had gotten full approval from the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), the military was moving ahead with the vaccination process.
“What the Secretary has communicated to the military departments is to execute this mandatory vaccination program with skill and professionalism which we always do but with a measure of compassion,” Kirby said, noting that allowances would certainly be made for religious exemptions and for those with pre-existing conditions that precluded vaccinations.
“But if it’s an objection outside those two frameworks, the individual will be offered a chance to sit down with a physician and have that physician communicate to them the risks that they are taking by continuing to not want to take the vaccine,” Kirby continued. “They will also be offered a chance to sit down with their chain of command and their leadership to talk about the risks that their objection will impose on the unit and on the force and on their teammates.”
“The commanders have a wide range of tools available to them to help their teammates make the right decision for themselves, for their families, and for their units,” Kirby added, saying that he fully expected commanders would use every tool available to ensure that as many troops as possible received the vaccine.
- Hey, Whatever Happened to Richard Gere? Oh, He Criticized China.
- New Peer-Reviewed Study Shows Ivermectin ‘Significantly’ Reduces COVID Infections, Hospitalization, and Mortality
- Is the Pope Dying? 2022 Conclave?
- Antibody neutralizing all Covid variants found, Chinese scientists claim
- Oh Nooooo. Rock legend Meatloaf dead at 74
- Dr. Zelenko Protocols for America – Live Like you Were Dying
- Inside the January 6th Setup– Who is Ray Epps?
- Sweden’s Lund University researcher faces prosecution for study that showed most rapes are committed by immigrants
- Twitter Eyes Deal With Musk as Soon as Monday
- Tyranny — New infrastructure bill grants U.S. gov’t ability to disable vehicles remotely