This is who we’ve become.
A 35-year-old man in Pennsylvania is facing rape and assault charges after a woman was sexually assaulted on board a public transit train Wednesday night as riders witnessed the attack but did not intervene, authorities said on Friday.
The woman was assaulted at around 11 p.m. while riding the Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (SEPTA) Market-Frankford line towards the town of Upper Darby.
“The assault was observed by a SEPTA employee, who called 911, enabling SEPTA officers to respond immediately and apprehend the suspect in the act,” Andrew Busch, a SEPTA spokesperson, said in a statement.
SEPTA officers arrested the man, later identified as 35-year-old Fiston Ngoy, according to Upper Darby Police Superintendent Timothy Bernhardt.
Surveillance video captured the entirety of the assault, giving investigators enough evidence to charge Ngoy with rape and assault, Bernhardt told NBC Philadelphia.
The video also shows how riders, who also witnessed the attack, did nothing to help the woman being assaulted, according to Bernhardt.
- Insane Vid — Man Stream Admission he Killed His Ex-Girlfriend as he prepares to Kill Ex-Wife
- Video: Brett Favre BLASTS Woke Sports
- Finnish Pastor On Trial For ‘Hate Speech’ After Tweeting Bible Verse
- Breaking — Court finds Pennsylvania mail-in voting law unconstitutional
- Sen. Rand Paul Calls Out Fauci
- Some French Don’t Surrender! French Mayors Rebel, Will Not Enforce Vaccine Passport at Cafes
- New Peer-Reviewed Study Shows Ivermectin ‘Significantly’ Reduces COVID Infections, Hospitalization, and Mortality
- Hey, Whatever Happened to Richard Gere? Oh, He Criticized China.
- 19-year-old Simone Scott was excited for her second dose of #Covid vaccine. Now, Her Mother is Arranging Her Funeral.
- Not so fast. The Very Misleading Article By a Priest on Drugs And Abortion Testing