The Archbishop of San Francisco, Salvatore Cordileone, is hoping that the U.S. Supreme Court will reverse its Roe v. Wade decision that made abortion on demand legal nationwide in 1973 — and argues church teachings hold all life should be protected, including the lives of the unborn.
SCOTUS heard oral arguments on Wednesday in Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization challenging a Mississippi law that prohibits abortion after 15 weeks gestation.
“Cordileone — like he did on same-sex marriage a decade ago — is prepared to continue to lead the national political fight against abortion, including by challenging the two most powerful Democrats in the country, both of whom happen to be fellow Catholics – President Biden and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi,” the San Francisco Chronicle reported.
In an interview with America, the Jesuit Review, Cordileone was asked about his homily named after Jeremiah 1:5, “Before I Formed You in the Womb I Knew You,” which explains his stance on abortion.
“You say it’s a pre-eminent issue because everything else is built on it,” the interviewer said.
“I hear criticism from some people that ‘the bishops are laser-focused on abortion; it’s the only thing that’s important to them; everything is invested there,’” Cordileone said. “Well, first of all, in terms of investment, the church invests far more resources in programs to give immediate assistance to the poor than it does for the cause of respect for life in the womb.”
“But, as you said, abortion is pre-eminent,” Cordileone said. “It’s difficult to compare abortion to racism per se or immigration per se because racism is an attitude, and it’s an attitude that manifests itself in different ways, some less serious and some more serious. So a racial slur is racist. It’s wrong, but it’s not as bad as segregation, which is not as bad as lynching.”
“We’re horrified to think that this was tolerated and condoned in the pre-civil rights South, right?” Cordileone said. “Well, abortion is at the same level of lynching because they both involve the killing of innocent human beings.”https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/12/02/san-francisco-archbishop-abortion-is-at-the-same-level-of-lynching-roe-v-wade-must-fall/
- Is the Pope Resigning?!? From Il Sismografo: rumours of “probable resignation in the next few hours”. (Probably Not)
- Pope Plans To Dismantle Summorum Pontificum, Latin Mass Permission
- CDC Quietly Abandons PCR Test for Covid. Why?
- Dem Congressman Threatens to Seize Trucks if they Clog DC beltway: ‘Perfect time to impound and give the trucks to small trucking companies’
- Supposedly “Secure” ProtonMail gives up IP addresses of climate activist to Swiss authorities
- Media Trying to Destroy Rosanne Boyland Before Truth about Her Jan 6 Death is exposed.
- Awesome Story — North Korea Hacked Him. So Peeved Security Analyst Took Down Its Internet
- Doomsday Approaches: Biden Announces Commission to Study Overhauling Supreme Court
- Campus Crusade for Christ Goes All In On Critical Race Theory
- Abigail Shrier: Take back the right to speak your mind.