Say, has anyone seen Snowball?
The kids are not alright.
The College Democrats of America — the Democratic Party’s national organization presiding over 500 chapters on campuses across the country — is in turmoil.
The group’s leaders are publicly firing off accusations of anti-Blackness, Islamaphobia and anti-Semitism at each other. Impeachment proceedings are now in the works against the organization’s new vice president, Nourhan Mesbah, who is Muslim. College Democrats say that screenshots of tweets that their peers sent in adolescence spread rapidly through group texts, which already caused a student running for president of the group to withdraw their candidacy in September. And national advocacy groups for Muslim and Jewish Americans are now weighing in with criticism. https://8658dca331e8c49af7aa59d54bb01df8.safeframe.googlesyndication.com/safeframe/1-0-38/html/container.html
The conflict has gotten so messy that the Democratic National Committee is considering disaffiliating with the national collegiate organization altogether and creating a partnership with the state groups underneath the national umbrella, according to a Democrat familiar with the discussions. The DNC declined to comment.
The clashes over religious bigotry and race within the College Democrats of America (CDA) reflect, to a degree, larger debates happening throughout politics. But the next generation seems poised to escalate them further. Some CDA members argue that the internal frictions constitute a turbulent but morally necessary reckoning with systemic racism. Other Democratic officials see it as a bunch of college-educated, hyper-woke kids trying to play politics in a way that’s off-putting to many voters.
“They are caught up in their own drama and playing ‘Boys State’ government,” said the same Democrat. “They think they’re the hottest s— on Earth.”
- Sweden’s Lund University researcher faces prosecution for study that showed most rapes are committed by immigrants
- Human beings aren’t clownfish
- Campus Crusade for Christ Goes All In On Critical Race Theory
- Michigan High School Student Sues School for Suspending Him for Talking About Christian Beliefs in Private
- Breaking — Court finds Pennsylvania mail-in voting law unconstitutional
- What the ever living? Report–Governor Kristi Noem is having an extramarital affair with adviser Corey Lewandowski
- Inside the January 6th Setup– Who is Ray Epps?