We may want to pump the brakes on this.
It’s been a big month for sci-fi primates. On Apr. 8, Elon Musk’s start-up Neuralink announced they created a cyborg monkey who can play MindPong using a brain chip. The following week, scientists at the Salk Institute in California revealed they successfully grew human-macaque embryos in test tubes. These hybrid babies were aborted at 20 days.
The ethical implications of such experiments are now debated with a resigned shrug. There’s a sense of inevitability to it all. Powerful humans will indulge in any behavior that’s both pleasurable and possible. What could be more pleasurable than playing God?
- Insane Vid — Man Stream Admission he Killed His Ex-Girlfriend as he prepares to Kill Ex-Wife
- New York junior high segregating students by race in order to ‘undo legacy of racism.’ Do they not know what “racism” means?
- JAMA: Myocarditis Cases Reported After mRNA-Based COVID-19 Vaccination in the US
- Something Really Strange (and Scary) Is Happening At Hospitals All Over America
- Campus Crusade for Christ Goes All In On Critical Race Theory
- Is the Pope Dying? 2022 Conclave?
- CDC Quietly Abandons PCR Test for Covid. Why?
- Aussie Police confirm use of controversial LRAD Weapon against Canberra protestors
- Sweden’s Lund University researcher faces prosecution for study that showed most rapes are committed by immigrants
- Politics over Science! AMA Recommends Removing Gender From Birth Certificates