SCOTUS Rejects Biden Plea to Halt Trump’s ‘Remain in Mexico’ Policy
The Supreme Court of the United States (SCOTUS) denied a plea from President Joe Biden’s Department of Justice (DOJ) to halt the Migrant Protection Protocols (MPP) program while a lawsuit brought by Texas and Missouri makes its way through the courts.
On Tuesday evening, in a 6-3 decision, SCOTUS issued an order denying DOJ’s request for the Court to issue a stay that would block the re-implementation of MPP, commonly known as “Remain in Mexico,” while the case plays out in the courts — a process that could take more than a year.
Chief Justice John Roberts, along with Justices Clarence Thomas, Samuel Alito, Neil Gorsuch, Brett Kavanaugh, and Amy Coney Barrett, voted to deny the request, while Justices Stephen Breyer, Sonia Sotomayor, and Elena Kagan voted to grant the request.
“The application for a stay presented to Justice Alito and by him referred to the Court is denied,” SCOTUS wrote in the order:
The applicants have failed to show a likelihood of success on the claim that the memorandum rescinding the Migrant Protection Protocols was not arbitrary and capricious. Our order denying the Government’s request for a stay of the District Court injunction should not be read as affecting the construction of that injunction by the Court of Appeals. [Emphasis added]https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/08/24/scotus-rejects-biden-plea-to-halt-trumps-remain-in-mexico-policy/
- Is the Pope Dying? 2022 Conclave?
- CDC Study — No Significant Difference in COVID-19 Transmission Between Vaccinated and Unvaccinated
- Noooo — Notre-Dame interior faces woke ‘Disney’ revamp
- Hmmm. Four British Airway Pilots Suddenly Die in One Week. But It Has Nothing to do with Vaxx!!!!!!
- 1st Grade Class Read Transgender Book. School Board President, Who Owns Sex Toy Biz, Does Nothing.
- Stupid Salvation Army Goes Woke and Now Broke — Donors Withdraw Support in Response to Racial ‘Wokeness’ Initiative
- New Peer-Reviewed Study Shows Ivermectin ‘Significantly’ Reduces COVID Infections, Hospitalization, and Mortality
- Hey, Whatever Happened to Richard Gere? Oh, He Criticized China.