JUSSIE Smollett has been found guilty of staging a fake racist attack against himself.
The jury came to a decision on Thursday afternoon, during the second day of deliberations.
Former Empire actor Smollett was accused of staging a racist, anti-gay attack against himself in downtown Chicago to get publicity.
Taking the witness stand earlier this week, Smollett repeatedly denied the attack was a fake, telling a prosecutor “there was no hoax on my part” and that two brothers who testified against him are “liars.”
In another tense moment, Smollett and prosecutor Dan Webb clashed over the use of the N-word. Webb had read the messages from Smollett’s messages, which prompted the star to ask him not to do it.
Smollett, 39, is charged with six counts of felony disorderly conduct for making what prosecutors say was a false police report about the alleged attack — one count for each time he gave a report — to three different officers.
He could face up to three years behind bars, but experts have said if Smollett is convicted, he would likely be placed on probation and ordered to perform community service.https://canadanews.fr/jussie-smollett-guilty-live-verdict-in-ex-empire-star-trial-in-after-n-word-controversy-in-courtroom/
- Insane Vid — Man Stream Admission he Killed His Ex-Girlfriend as he prepares to Kill Ex-Wife
- Did Twitter Just Ban Undercover Journalism?
- Inside the January 6th Setup– Who is Ray Epps?
- Campus Crusade for Christ Goes All In On Critical Race Theory
- Dem Congressman Threatens to Seize Trucks if they Clog DC beltway: ‘Perfect time to impound and give the trucks to small trucking companies’
- Wow. A Bionic Vision System Lets the Blind See Again
- Breaking Bad — Wisconsin Bill allows dead bodies to be dissolved with lye, poured into the sewer.
- A Google-Funded ‘Fact Check’ Team is a Handful of Indians With No Experience in Journalism in a Small Town Near Bangladesh.
- Vatican Warns Bishops Against Taking a Stand for Life
- Police: Criminals Are Using New Apple Device To Stalk Victims, Follow Them Home