Berlin (CNN)Germany on Thursday announced a nationwide lockdown for the unvaccinated, as its leaders backed plans for mandatory vaccinations in the coming months.
Unvaccinated people will be banned from accessing all but the most essential businesses, such as supermarkets and pharmacies, to curb the spread of coronavirus, outgoing Chancellor Angela Merkel and her successor, Olaf Scholz, announced Thursday, following crisis talks with regional leaders.
The pair also backed proposals for mandatory vaccinations, which if voted through the parliament could take effect from February at the earliest.
Under the tightened restrictions, unvaccinated people can only meet two people from another household. Bars and nightclubs must shut down in areas with an incidence rate above 350 cases per 100,000 people over one week. And the country would limit the number of people at large events like soccer matches.
The announcement comes as Germany battles a surge in cases that has pushed Europe back to the epicenter of the pandemic, heightening fears over the newly discovered Omicron variant.https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/02/europe/germany-lockdown-covid-restrictions-intl/index.html
- This Pic Hilariously Sums up the Media’s Coverage of Covid
- Insane Vid — Man Stream Admission he Killed His Ex-Girlfriend as he prepares to Kill Ex-Wife
- FISA Court Confirms Govt Lied In Every Spy Warrant Application Against Carter Page
- Cardinal Cupich of Chicago Drops the Hammer on The Traditional Rites
- Naomi Wolf: Vaccine Passports are “End of Human Liberty.”
- French National Assembly Passes Anti-Extremism Bill Proposing Stricter Rules for Religion
- Vid: High school student arrested for defying mask mandate
- Vatican Warns Bishops Against Taking a Stand for Life
- Vid: Gov. Desantis Makes a Strong Stand for Personal Freedom.
- Inside the January 6th Setup– Who is Ray Epps?