Wednesday is a big day at the U.S. Supreme Court when the justices plan to hear a case that could overturn Roe v. Wade and restore legal protections for unborn babies.
The case is Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health, and it centers around a 2018 Mississippi law that protects unborn babies by banning abortions after 15 weeks of pregnancy.
Currently, under Roe and Planned Parenthood v. Casey, states are prohibited from protecting unborn babies from abortion before viability, about 22 weeks of pregnancy. For the first time in decades, however, the Supreme Court has agreed to re-consider this precedent and decide “whether all pre-viability prohibitions on elective abortion are unconstitutional.”
Freedom Center managing editor John Wesley Reid said the Mississippi case poses a “significant threat” to Roe, which led to about 63 million unborn babies being killed in abortions.
Writing at the Christian Post, he explained:
The Supreme Court has reviewed several cases related to abortion since 1973’s Roe decision. But of these cases, only Planned Parenthood v. Casey in 1992 addressed the Roe precedent. Other cases involving abortion were related to late-term abortions, free speech rights of pro-life advocates, and restrictions on abortion providers based on ambulatory care or proximities to particular medical services, among other issues. …
The fact that the U.S. Supreme Court is revisiting viability is entirely implicative that their decision will, in some fashion, directly impact the Roe precedent.
Another aspect that gives hope to pro-life advocates is the conservative majority on the high court. Six of the justices are Republican appointees, and three of them were appointed by President Donald Trump who promised to choose judges who would reconsider the infamous abortion ruling.
- New Peer-Reviewed Study Shows Ivermectin ‘Significantly’ Reduces COVID Infections, Hospitalization, and Mortality
- MIT Scientist Warns About Covid Vaccine on the Brain
- Insane — Canada court rules father cannot criticize COVID vaccines around 10-year-old son
- Teacher alleges she was fired for not ‘meowing’ back at student who identifies as a cat
- And Now Ireland — Ireland drops most COVID-19 restrictions
- BREAKING: Biden Administration Making Lists of Religious Vaccine Objectors
- Professor Absolutely Loses it on Zoom. (NSFW) “You are all just vectors of disease to me!”
- NY Teacher in Unhinged Rant Threatens to Throw Children at Anyone Who Questions His Masks.
- What Fraud? 120K Wisconsin Voters Who Registered in 1918 Voted in 2020
- Inside the January 6th Setup– Who is Ray Epps?