I think there is a pattern emerging!
The suspect in the murder of a 21 year-old Temple University student was arrested on Aug. 14th and charged with eight crimes in connection with an armed carjacking, including aggravated assault, robbery, conspiracy and possession of an unlicensed gun.
A judge set bail that day at $200,000 monetary, meaning the suspect, Latif Williams, 17, had to plunk down a 10% deposit of $20,000 to get out of jail.
The cops did their job. But then it was the duty of the D.A.’s office under Larry Krasner to prosecute the case.What happened next helps explain why Philadelphia today has already set an all-time record of 510 murders, with a whole month left to go in 2021.
On Aug. 20, less than a week after his arrest, Municipal Court Joffie Pittman lowered the bail for Williams to $200,000 unsecured, meaning the defendant had to post no money at all to stay out of jail.
The D.A. filed no appeal; sources say Williams was placed under house arrest. On Sept. 16th, Judge Charles Hayden granted the D.A.’s request for a continuance after a “victim/witness failed to appear” in court, according to the Municipal Court docket.
On Sept. 30th, only the second listing for the preliminary hearing in the case, Judge Martin Coleman granted the D.A.’s motion to withdraw all eight charges against Williams, and he was a free man.
Less than two months later, on Sunday Nov. 28th, Williams, according to the police, attempted to rob Samuel Collington, as he was unloading his mother’s SUV on the 2200 block of North Park Avenue in North Philadelphia.https://www.bigtrial.net/2021/12/krasner-strikes-again-suspect-in-murder.html
- Insane Vid — Man Stream Admission he Killed His Ex-Girlfriend as he prepares to Kill Ex-Wife
- Did Twitter Just Ban Undercover Journalism?
- Campus Crusade for Christ Goes All In On Critical Race Theory
- Inside the January 6th Setup– Who is Ray Epps?
- Human beings aren’t clownfish
- Not See? Olaf Scholz Becomes German Chancellor, Promises Harsher COVID Response
- Dem Congressman Threatens to Seize Trucks if they Clog DC beltway: ‘Perfect time to impound and give the trucks to small trucking companies’
- Wow – Chicago man released from prison 20 years later after twin brother confesses to murder
- Twitter Eyes Deal With Musk as Soon as Monday
- Unexpectedly!! Consumer Prices Explode 7.5% Higher, Worst Inflation in 40 Years