I think there is a pattern emerging!
The suspect in the murder of a 21 year-old Temple University student was arrested on Aug. 14th and charged with eight crimes in connection with an armed carjacking, including aggravated assault, robbery, conspiracy and possession of an unlicensed gun.
A judge set bail that day at $200,000 monetary, meaning the suspect, Latif Williams, 17, had to plunk down a 10% deposit of $20,000 to get out of jail.
The cops did their job. But then it was the duty of the D.A.’s office under Larry Krasner to prosecute the case.What happened next helps explain why Philadelphia today has already set an all-time record of 510 murders, with a whole month left to go in 2021.
On Aug. 20, less than a week after his arrest, Municipal Court Joffie Pittman lowered the bail for Williams to $200,000 unsecured, meaning the defendant had to post no money at all to stay out of jail.
The D.A. filed no appeal; sources say Williams was placed under house arrest. On Sept. 16th, Judge Charles Hayden granted the D.A.’s request for a continuance after a “victim/witness failed to appear” in court, according to the Municipal Court docket.
On Sept. 30th, only the second listing for the preliminary hearing in the case, Judge Martin Coleman granted the D.A.’s motion to withdraw all eight charges against Williams, and he was a free man.
Less than two months later, on Sunday Nov. 28th, Williams, according to the police, attempted to rob Samuel Collington, as he was unloading his mother’s SUV on the 2200 block of North Park Avenue in North Philadelphia.https://www.bigtrial.net/2021/12/krasner-strikes-again-suspect-in-murder.html
- New Peer-Reviewed Study Shows Ivermectin ‘Significantly’ Reduces COVID Infections, Hospitalization, and Mortality
- MIT Scientist Warns About Covid Vaccine on the Brain
- Wait. What? Pfizer CEO now says 2 COVID shots “offers very limited protection, if any,” against COVID-19.
- BREAKING: Biden Administration Making Lists of Religious Vaccine Objectors
- Inside the January 6th Setup– Who is Ray Epps?
- SCOTUS Ruling on OSHA mandate expected today
- Teacher alleges she was fired for not ‘meowing’ back at student who identifies as a cat
- Professor Absolutely Loses it on Zoom. (NSFW) “You are all just vectors of disease to me!”
- Insane — Canada court rules father cannot criticize COVID vaccines around 10-year-old son
- Tyranny — New infrastructure bill grants U.S. gov’t ability to disable vehicles remotely